Identify Yourself & Provide Contact Information
    For any communication, make sure you completely identify yourself and provide your contact information. Affiliates don't want to work with "The Affiliate Team". They want to work with you.

Don't just put your first name. Put your full name, the company name, and contact information. About the only time when just a first name is okay is when you're communicating individually with an affiliate with whom you have an established relationship.

If you're posting on a forum (like here), make sure you've set up your signature with your full name and company name. (Ask Haiko for signature privileges if you don't have them. And don't abuse the privilege.) People who are reading your posts shouldn't have to wonder "who is that?" or "do they work for [company]?" or anything like that. Different forums have different rules, so make sure you understand what you can and can't include. Make sure your profiles are complete, too.

If you're sending out any sort of newsletter or email (including the automated signup/acceptance/rejection emails), make sure it has your full contact information. That means email address, phone number, IM accounts, etc.

Also, make sure that it's clear what company the newsletter is from. I received a newsletter last week where I couldn't even tell who it was from based on the From address (Affiliate Team, owner-membermessaging at mx5.cj.com), the subject (2 New Coupon Code Offers), the graphics, or the first page of the message. The company name was only mentioned in small print at the end of the newsletter.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Great suggestions...

Also, make sure that you give as much information as possible through the network (if you are working with one). As an example, both CJ and Linkshare have AM contact information available (name and email are options, at least). Please keep that information up-to-date. It's so frustrating trying to contact an AM, only to get the email bounced back because it's not accurate.

Michael

I usually drop the program after getting one of those emails. Thats me though! I did get one last week were I still have no idea who sent it but the "affiliate team" wants my feedback lol
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Michael... it appears you're "on a mission"...

please keep it up

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Great advice Michael. Hope more people take it to heart. It's always good to know who you are dealing with and it is also a basic professional courtesy - something that is often lost in the internet world.

Thanks for banging the drum on this one again.

Sincerely,

The Affiliate Team

aka: Alan Hamilton
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    For any communication, make sure you completely identify yourself and provide your contact information. Affiliates don't want to work with "The Affiliate Team". They want to work with you.

Don't just put your first name. Put your full name, the company name, and contact information. About the only time when just a first name is okay is when you're communicating individually with an affiliate with whom you have an established relationship.

If you're posting on a forum (like here), make sure you've set up your signature with your full name and company name. (Ask Haiko for signature privileges if you don't have them. And don't abuse the privilege.) People who are reading your posts shouldn't have to wonder "who is that?" or "do they work for [company]?" or anything like that. Different forums have different rules, so make sure you understand what you can and can't include. Make sure your profiles are complete, too.

If you're sending out any sort of newsletter or email (including the automated signup/acceptance/rejection emails), make sure it has your full contact information. That means email address, phone number, IM accounts, etc.

Also, make sure that it's clear what company the newsletter is from. I received a newsletter last week where I couldn't even tell who it was from based on the From address (Affiliate Team, owner-membermessaging at mx5.cj.com), the subject (2 New Coupon Code Offers), the graphics, or the first page of the message. The company name was only mentioned in small print at the end of the newsletter.
    Hi: Michael:
    How to contact Haiko for signature privilege?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike255 View Post
    Hi: Michael:
    How to contact Haiko for signature privilege?
    Thanks
    That's actually me now that controls signature access. It's given once people hit a specific posting level, or immediately when people are identified as an AM, OPM or Network Rep. You can request access to those groups here:

How To Access Private AM, OPM and Network Rep Groups
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    That's actually me now that controls signature access. It's given once people hit a specific posting level, or immediately when people are identified as an AM, OPM or Network Rep. You can request access to those groups here:

How To Access Private AM, OPM and Network Rep Groups
    Thanks, Michael.
    I am doing right now.

To Michael Coley, It looks like several post from this thread are missing, is their a problem with the system or were they just removed??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

It was split out to keep this thread on topic. It's at http://www.abestweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134868

PS - feel free to delete this post.
    Last edited by 2busy; July 13th, 2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: added PS

Thanks 2busy, but I getting the following message when I try to open the new thread:

kse, you do not have permission to access this page.

No big deal, I was just going to review a response to my post yesterday but it no big deal.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Sorry, the other forum was misconfigured. It's fixed now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thanks,

Also I just noticed that "Active Users Viewing This Thread" are now back on the Top of the thread, not sure when it went back on top but I one of the things that I did not like about the new look.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread