Affiliate interest in Press Release SEO product/service
    Hello everyone,

I'm trying to determine what level of interest affiliates would have in a product/service that offers companies the ability to submit press releases. Essentially customers submit press releases online and hese press releases are published onto a network that provides permanent placement which has a tremendous impact on SEO.

I personally have seen the "before and after" of this press release network where a product went from not being listed in Google to being on the first page of search results just one week later.

The company is looking to sell the press release distribution for about $129-149 per release.

What type of commission would be most attractive to affiliates. Please be realistic...I'm sure some of you would say 90% or more!

Any suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated.

sounds interesting. I never looked if the existing press release service companies have affiliate programs, but it seems like it could be a good affiliate program if it's on a good site.

90% commission sounds good... But realistically without much competition in this market, I'd think 25% would be decent. But if after the 1st sale you try hard to get the user directly with funky emails or 'plans', then a 50% or even the 90% or higher 1st sale is usually better, since repeat business will be unlikely for the publisher.

ABW Ambassador
    I think it would be easier to sell if you got the press releases prices down where's it competitive. They have 2 packages at prweb for $80 and $120.

Thanks for the feedback. The company would want the affiliate to continue getting commissions for as long as the customer they sent continues to buy press releases. I'm not sure how that is done technically (cookie?), but we see it as a partnership with affiliates to make the system succeed.

The cheapest thing I could find for prweb was $169, which is the price we wanted to stay under. Can you tell me where you saw their prices that low?

Thanks for the feedback.

ABW Ambassador
    "Can you tell me where you saw their prices that low?"

After I logged in to prweb. They have 3 packages, $80, $120 and $200.

BTW, prweb offers 20% through their affiliate program. They also pay by click at .07.

Can you post the link that shows the prweb prices that low?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see it on the site itself unless I'm missing it. But like I said, just login and you'll see it.

Ah, I think you might be looking at this:

http://www.prwebdirect.com/catalog.php

That's old, hasn't been updated since 2005. They're still listing Altavista and Alltheweb and Google News is not in beta anymore, Overture is now Yahoo Search Marketing. Old stuff. Create a free account and you'll see the packages I just posted about.

Yes, you are correct. They have links pointing to old data still. I created an account and see the pricing you mentioned.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I appreciate your time.

What do other affiliates think about promoting a press release SEO optimization product?

All views are welcome.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread