Affiliate Manager
    Broken down Affiliate groups
    I have broken down my affiliates into 5 groups: Active, Formerly Active, Never Active, New Inactives, and high potential inactives. Now I know I need to target each group differently in an attempt to motivate them to become stronger affiliates. With the Active group I am considering a simple bonus to whoever has the most sales in a given month. I am thinking with the formerly active, never active and new inactives to institute a bonus for 1st and 10th sales or something to that extent. I have ideas for the potential bigger fish but nothing that seems to convincing. Can anyone offer any ideas.

A percentage of the earnings as a bonus if they reach a certain threshold.

Without the necessary specifics I'll give a surface suggestion-

1. offer a small one time bonus offer with a deadline to just verify first link placement.

2. offer a one time bonus for the first accomplishment. Either first sale or a total sales amount.

3. Make your offer to top/active affiliates a long standing offer whatever it is. And Simple. Like bonus for 20% increase over last month's or last year's same month, for example. The prevailing complaint is lack of warning, or time to accomplish it.

Be careful of only grouping based on performance. Look within merchandising categories if you have them or traffic types, ie; website,email, bid.
    The affiliates who were formerly active may have links up and need different types of help other than dangling more cash in front of them.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

Affiliate Manager
    I am not just planning on dangling money, this is just one aspect as we have not had too many bonus offers and we want to include everyone with achievable bonuses depending on status.

Before offering an incentive to "formerly active" I would try to find out why they are not currently active. Once you have that information you would have a better idea of how to motivate them.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Quote Originally Posted by bfree74
    I am not just planning on dangling money, this is just one aspect as we have not had too many bonus offers and we want to include everyone with achievable bonuses depending on status.
    My apologies. I didn't mean to infer such a title on your offer. That was a poor choice of words. Balancing the offer to be both motivating and achievable to all the affiliates is the most difficult and important part. Only trying to be helpful and active as I have no idea your "who,what,where,why..." .

-Emphasize simple to understand.

-Address the bulk of it to current performers.

-Use a different approach for the no links yet and newbies. Cash for 1st links/sales or more personal touch.

You might be way past me though
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread