Hi All,

I am desperately in need of a search engine spider that is able to spider multiple sites (like at least 100 domains) and at least 5 - 10 million pages or more.

I've gone and searched through the script sites and through google and had come up with Macurious. It sounded like it could do exactly what I needed.

Purchased it on Sunday and was told I would have the url to download it within 24 hours. Well it's now 5 days later, no download url sent, credit card was already charged though and no response to any emails that I have sent to them.

I'm giving them til Monday to respond and then I will be contacting my credit card company to dispute the charges but in the mean time I still need another option.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Depending on your budget Google have a server based option...

Are you looking for something to run from your server or purely something to spider your domains and provide a search with results page on an offsite or cobranded results page?

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera Partner Management
    Mondera : Click Here
    Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Web Studio-1 Solutions Co., Ltd : Click Here
    Microsoft Certified Partner
    Affiliate Management and Marketing Solutions

Hi Chris,

I would prefer to run it directly from my server if possible, I even have a domain that is perfect for it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I would then want to include a search box on all of my sites.

With this one I purchased I could index each one independantly and have multiple templates. But if they aren't gonna send me the download link as specified in the emails it does me absolutely no good [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

If I can't find one to run on my server I will look at the other options but.....

If I recall correctly google is very expensive for this kind of service. Other ones I have seen were very expensive also.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread