Another crook merchant joined CJ: freegolfgift.net aka Warrior Custom Golf

Just a quick heads-up for golf related affiliates: before you decide to promote ‘freegolfgift.net’ from CJ do some research!

The company behind freegolfgift.net is ‘Warrior Custom Golf’, a known and convicted scammer/spammer (one example here ). Some of you may have received their email spam, usually something like “Get free golf clubs on us” or along those lines (I get them EVERY day!), and now they even have the guts to expand thru CJ.

The scam works something like this: they offer 3 free wedges, you only pay (inflated) S&H. After having your CC number a Customer Service Rep will call you up and convince you to accept an even better deal: get a whole golf set for free to try out. In order for them to custom make your trial set they ask for an exorbitant security deposit. If you like your new clubs you just keep them, and if you don’t you can send them back for a full refund - as long as you send them within the 45 day free trial period. The clubs are cheap stuff, so most people will want to send them back. However, they only allow you to send them back if they give you a ‘Mandatory Return Authorization Number ’ – and that’s the trick: you don’t get the return number in time before the free trial period ends, hence you automatically buy the clubs.

This scam has been discussed at length in Golf Forums and blogs, makes me wonder why CJ didn’t pick this up when they approved ‘freegolfgift.net’ into their program.

For those interested in details: some Google results
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

after looking at g results and the merchants 'homepage'

gross generalization: Networks don't much care who they sign-up or what your sites visitors will be subjected to. It's up to the affiliate to investigate & decide who they want to promote. Decide what kind of affiliate you want to be, you can find whatever you want.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/results....&submit=Search

Quote Originally Posted by LearnAbout
    The scam works something like this: they offer 3 free wedges, you only pay (inflated) S&H. After having your CC number a Customer Service Rep will call you up and convince you to accept an even better deal: get a whole golf set for free to try out. [/URL]
    Some of the members in my website have decided to go against those who call them and bug them on the phone all the time, and instead of giving out their phone number, they gave out their fax number

ABW Ambassador
    thanks for warning me, I added them the other day not knowing this.

SHAME ON YOU CJ!!!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for the warning! It is most appreciated.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    wow...what a model

I saw this merchant pop up on CJ, and went to have a look at their site.
    I didn't know what the scam was, but I was confident there likely was one. The old "Sounds to good to be true" test rarely gives false positives. Thanks for sharing the details.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnAbout

Just a quick heads-up for golf related affiliates: before you decide to promote ‘freegolfgift.net’ from CJ do some research!

The company behind freegolfgift.net is ‘Warrior Custom Golf’, a known and convicted scammer/spammer (one example here ). Some of you may have received their email spam, usually something like “Get free golf clubs on us” or along those lines (I get them EVERY day!), and now they even have the guts to expand thru CJ.

The scam works something like this: they offer 3 free wedges, you only pay (inflated) S&H. After having your CC number a Customer Service Rep will call you up and convince you to accept an even better deal: get a whole golf set for free to try out. In order for them to custom make your trial set they ask for an exorbitant security deposit. If you like your new clubs you just keep them, and if you don’t you can send them back for a full refund - as long as you send them within the 45 day free trial period. The clubs are cheap stuff, so most people will want to send them back. However, they only allow you to send them back if they give you a ‘Mandatory Return Authorization Number ’ – and that’s the trick: you don’t get the return number in time before the free trial period ends, hence you automatically buy the clubs.

This scam has been discussed at length in Golf Forums and blogs, makes me wonder why CJ didn’t pick this up when they approved ‘freegolfgift.net’ into their program.

For those interested in details: some Google results
    Thanks for the heads up
    I was thinking of joining that site today but now I won't thanks to you

They accept paypal, i feel lik getitng the 3 wedge set, and if they screw with me report them to paypa.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread