Online Marketing Consultant
    ABW WorldWide
    An ABW board for the different regions would be pretty cool. I know out in Cali they have some meetings, there are a few people out in the vegas area. I am finding a bunch in the mid atlantic. It would be a great way to have everyone find their neighbors and start meeting eachother in person.

Also, when we all head to aff summit we will already know a few people, and when have a small get together, we all have somewhere to post the get together or talk about local issues and things.

Jut a thought.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Great idea, how would you or anyone else suggest I break it upart?

ABW USA - broken into ??? parts, ABW Europe - ABW UK? ABW Asia?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

For the US, I'd say Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest, and West Coast...seems like you've covered the big areas.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I would say do the larger states in their own, and large states with large metros give them one, soo

California: la, san fran,
    NW: Washington,Seattle, Montana and the four or 5 states right around it
    MW: Indiana,Michigan,Illision:chicago,
    Lower North east: PAhilly, NY:NYC, NJ,
    Mid NE:Above NY to Mass and RI
    Upper NE everything up from Mass
    Mid Atlantic: DC/VA/MD/DE
    Upper South CoastNC/SC/GA
    Florida
    Deep South Miss./Alabama and whatever is above
    Louisiana, TXallas,Houston,Austin

ETC... since the groups should be able to drive to one another within a reasonable amount of time. or section it by 4 states at a time. or just 50states and maybe city subs
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

or we could just break it up like midsprinted said and have everyone section off their own regions we have ours doen DC/MD/DE/VA then make a subboard for that so that noone ends up in two groups. Also maybe make a requirement of minimum of 5 active members. That way you can maybe get more of the lurklers to come join the fun on ABW =0)

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    This is how CafePress does it:

East Coast
    Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania

West Coast
    Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico

South
    Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Texas

Midwest
    Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Missouri

Canada
    Canadian provinces and territories

International

You could further divide International into: Central America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Far East and Other.

It sounds like a good idea on the surface, but do we really want scores of new forums and subforums? It might be better to just have a single "Local Events" forum, with the thread subjects specifying the area.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Great idea, how would you or anyone else suggest I break it upart?ABW USA - broken into ??? parts, ABW Europe - ABW UK? ABW Asia?
    Well, If you know Florida, it's pretty big.

Driving from / to any of these points: North Florida, Central Florida and South Florida usually takes 3-4hrs each way.

Florida might have to have 3 parts, see counties on map:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:F...unties_map.png

ABW Ambassador
    What Michael said would work great. Just a Local Events forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    It sounds like a good idea on the surface, but do we really want scores of new forums and subforums? It might be better to just have a single "Local Events" forum, with the thread subjects specifying the area.

Michael has the better idea, one forum where you can post your local threads and get togethers one by one.

I still think this is a decent idea. As Liquidate said, people could discuss local news and events as well as setting up meetings. And it would be a decent place to post if people were travelling to a specific area and wanted to meet people.

That said, I think splitting it up too small will make for empty forums. Being from the east coast, drives of longer than 3 hours used to scare me, but now in the mid west, 6, 7, 8 is the norm. So those big areas are ok by me.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Any way you break it up, cool idea!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea

International

You could further divide International into: Central America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Far East and Other.
    i suggest to go directly as

Europe,

Asia (incl middle/Fat etc East)

Australia - New Zealand

Africa South Africa

Central/South America

So Instead of being broken up or anything. Could you open this up as Just an ABW Get Together Forum for Photos from ABW Get togethers, Setting up meet and greets in cities all over the world etc...

For the threads to easily be able to find the city or state or country the meeting will be in. Have the author start each title, with City, State (State Abbreviation), Country Code, then the purpose, i.e. lunch.

This could also be a place to set up and announce a get together like we did at SES. Like being able to say I'm going to SES NYC, anyone want to do an ABW lunch or dinner?

That way if someone wants to host one in their city, they can look for that cities thread, and post in it, and if the city does not have one then they can start a new one. It might also help to get some people who are still receiving emails from the thread to rejoin their friends at ABW if for some reason they got lost and never found their way back to the forums.

Anyways, An ABW Get Togethers Forum might still be a decent Idea.

Thought the regional sections would create / add to the already large and cumbersome forum but I also thought of the get together / event forum last night. Thus ... http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=433
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    I think the one forum with individual regional threads would be the best way to go. Maybe something like 1 thread per region per month, so there would be threads like: "DC Metro - May 2007", etc.

I think the latter idea is a good one. Maybe just have one forum and then individual threads for different US regions and continents.

People would be subscribed to the thread for their region and so be informed of new events in their area.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread