ABW Ambassador
    I was doing well with pay per lead for new automobile quotes and for mortgage quotes until this summer.

I've seen a drastic drop over the past six months in these pay per lead revenues, maybe on the order of an 80% drop, and I can't begin to explain most of the drop.

Any one else see this drop? Maybe it's just more competition, or is it scumware at work, or what? In some cases, I see click-throughs to pay-per-lead merchants remaining at historic levels while conversions plummet.

It's a mystery ... any discussions are welcome.

Have only one but it is very consistent. Just keeps churning out those 50 cent pieces.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I wonder if any parasites made deals with your merchants? You might check the parasitic web sites and look to see if your companies are listed there.

If you try to please everybody, someone won't like it -Rumsfeld

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Sure the parasites, spammers and the PPC and lead affiliate networks have ruined this revenue source. The endusers are getting too smart to fall for a lead merchants front end to list broker spammers. I never have or ever will promote a "lead" merchant since I appreciate my hard earned visitors and will never subject them to privacy abusive lead merchants.

Most are crooked middlement any how and will negate your 10 cent lead with a vengence.

WebMaster Mike

>>I was doing well with pay per lead for new automobile quotes and for mortgage quotes until this summer. <<

Before I look at parasites, etc, I'd check first to see if there have been any changes or downward trends in auto sales or the housing sales/re-financing market.

"Laziness, Impatience, Hubris. Pick any three" ~ YAPC 19100

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread