ABW Ambassador
    Seperation of Date & Description
    I would prefer to have the date seperated from the Description in the RSS Coupon feeds. I hope this could be possible in the future. I use the description field as the link as well so having the date in the link is not too good. I don't use the Title field anymore because all it has is the merchants name most of the time which is not much good for anything really.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    glinted, thanks for the suggestion. let me talk to Scott about whether or not we can separate out the date from the description.

I know the date is a very powerful conversion driver for many with the coupon feed.. Especially when merchants use it correctly, ie, flagged coupons or promos should not have an expiration date of 2009.

Also, feel free to email me direct anytime as well.

Gary M

ABW Ambassador
    Yes the date is really good and I use it, anyway I just worked out a solution so It's not really too important now although I still think it would be a good idea anyway, what I have done now is added a link at the bottom

so I now have it like this
    Description
    Date
    link "more info" /link

and I use the css to make the descripton bold

thanks
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Oh, that seems like a good solution you added. One thing to keep in mind is that the RSS description content is spiderable. I encourage the AMs to tweak and modify the description content once in a while. When merchants do change it up, all the Affiliates using the coupon RSS feed will have updated content on their site/page.

Nice work!

ABW Ambassador
    Yes I agree Gary, Merchants have a very good tool here to work in their favor and adding & updating the text copy can really bring in sales. I know the search engines love it when content is changed on my sites.

I have been updating some merchants that I signed up with awhile back and at that time they had not implemented any promotion feeds but it's great to see they have them now so these are been added as I write to go live later.

On another note, I have another suggestion that you might want to put forward to your developers,...

Some merchants have coupon codes listed and this could also be separated from the description. At the moment I have some promotions that look like this.

Save an extra 5% with this coupon. etc etc. Coupon Code: AAAAA
    Expires: December 31, 2010

What would be better is if it looked like this:

Save an extra 5% with this coupon. etc etc.
    Coupon Code: AAAAA
    Expires: December 31, 2010

notice the "Coupon Code: AAAAA" part is on a new line. This would be best done as a separate field again as requested for the date.

I hope this is helpful, if these changes are processed please update this thread so I will be notified.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread