ABW Ambassador
    Online but Sponsored Ads Only?
    I was just searching for a cycle shop on ShareASale and I came across a merchant called Rosso Bikes, they look fine plus they have a status as been online but when I go to their website it is just sponsored ads, similar to Google Adsense? - http://www.rossobikes.com
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Looks like they lost their domain name.

Send an email to SAS with their merchant ID and let them know the site is no longer active. I did this one day last week with another merchant, and they were removed the next day.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

I recommend you check out Jenson USA on ShareaSale. I'm using them for one of my sites and their AM has been very responsive and helpful.

Performance is also a good bike merchant (on Commission Junction though).... which is where I bought my bike and all my gear, food, etc.

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like they lost their domain name.

Send an email to SAS with their merchant ID and let them know the site is no longer active. I did this one day last week with another merchant, and they were removed the next day.
    Really, I never looked into that but that's too bad, maybe they had it with Registerfly?

I'm sure Brian or one of the staff will read this thread & take the appropiate action...

I recommend you check out Jenson USA on ShareaSale. I'm using them for one of my sites and their AM has been very responsive and helpful.

Performance is also a good bike merchant (on Commission Junction though).... which is where I bought my bike and all my gear, food, etc.
    I'm just downloading the Jenson datafeed now, I thought they were selling motor bikes so I would have missed that, thanks. Although the datafeed has not been updated since August /06 which is a shame.

I did find a couple of other merchants anyway on sas with bike datafeeds...

As for CJ merchants, I dont have datafeed access there yet (not making 10k a month yet) unless the merchants have alternative ones?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Well I have had a good look at the datafeeds offered here on Shareasale, unfortunately all the merchants have pretty bad datafeed management.

As mentioned Jenson USA have not updated their feed for over 6 months plus it's a but of a mess, lots of missing data.

Then there is "Randall Scott Cycle Company" but they don't have any categories and the description field is the same as the title so that is useless.

The other merchant "Modern Bike" who at first looked like it would work until I found huge product names that are just ridiculous like this one:

WTB Nano Raptor Tire - Tire Use: Mountain; Tire Type: Clincher; Tire Diameter: 29"; ISO Width: 47 mm; ISO Diameter: 622; Tire Bead: Steel; Color Tread/Side: Black/Black; PSI: 35 - 65 PSI; Weight: 625.0 g
    So I have found a good datafeed at Avantlink which is clean and does not have all of these issues above thank heavens!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Glinted,

JensonUSA also hosts a feed on their own which is quite good and also in .xml ... don't know if you work in .xml, etc... They provide it not through the ShareASale interface but I can get you in touch with their AM if you would like...

There is a writeup including info on their feed in the Merchant Focus thread, and on our blog as well... http://www.shareasaleblog.com/blog/?postid=38
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

As mentioned Jenson USA have not updated their feed for over 6 months plus it's a but of a mess, lots of missing data.

JensonUSA also hosts a feed on their own which is quite good and also in .xml ... don't know if you work in .xml, etc... They provide it not through the ShareASale interface but I can get you in touch with their AM if you would like...
    I don't get it!

One of the reasons I like Shareasale is because I can join any merchant on SAS and get their datafeed for free, right there on SAS.

While I don't mind if a merchant can offer me a better datafeed from their site, I just want to make sure that the datafeed they have on SAS works the way it suppose to work for the affiliates on SAS.

Also, I just went to that link: http://www.shareasaleblog.com/blog/?postid=38 and I am not too happy with the way that some people are making their pages display on some people browsers.

I don't know if this is the way web2 supose to work or the way some new CSS design will make their pages look, but to me..... it sucks big time.

Here is an image of what I see on that link page - whatisthis.gif

I only see halve of the blog content!
    Attached Images Attached Images

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Sal,

That content is also in the "Merchant Focus" thread here at ABW if you'd rather view it there ...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    thanks Brian, I have already completed the website now but hopefully the merchants mentioned might read this thread and improve their datafeeds in the future and I could implement them then. I've already moved onto another project now so I won't bother looking for the Jensen in house program, I couldn't find link for it anyway. As for XML datafeeds, yes I work with XML & RSS but mainly for showing coupons, hotels etc in real time similar to what Goldencan do. It is a great technology for it's remote & live update capabilities so once implemented there is nothing else needed to be done on the affiliate side. That's one thing I really like with Avantlinks merchant promotion feeds, I don't have to update them once implemented & it would be great if ShareASale could offer this in the future too. As for XML datafeeds, I have never quite understood the XML datafeeds I have seen, I see XML as above (something you use to retrieve live feeds so no manual downloading etc is required anymore) but with all the XML datafeeds I have seen they are something you download just like a file datafeed so I just don't see the point really?

ABW Ambassador
    I also agree that we should be able to preview the complete datafeed before applying to a merchant. This really is important because it might mean that we have to wait several days just to be able to see what the datafeed is like and the condition it is in. We may not even be accepted into the program so that could also mean a complete waste of time waiting for the merchant to approve. From my experience this is often more than not a waste of time as most datafeeds can't be used in my case as of the issues mentioned in this thread. I also think that it is important to show when the datafeed was last updated - like when using the datafeed page and I searched by category (non joined merchants) and it is not shown then.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread