Shopathome
    AFILIATES: would you promote a merchant who is affiliated with Shopathome? Why or why not?

MERCHANTS: would you accept Shopathome as an affiliate? Why or why not?

Yes I know the answers, and I do know how to use the search link. I ask here in a new thread to get fresh responses based on current SAHS situation, in a single thread rather than scattered tidbits.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Online Marketing Consultant
    As a merchant, suppose they have completely stopped their old antics, I would never accept them into any of my programs because of they way they acted at affiliate summit and the rudeness and disrespect they showed people like me.

The rep was aggressive, interrupted conversations, and was flat out rude! No they will never be accepted into any programs I run even if they are playing by the rules, because of the way they treated me and acted in front of me in public especially during an industry event.

Maybe it was just the rep, but if you send a rep out that acts like that, they are representing your organization when they wear your name on their tags. We all get out of control which is fogivable, but there is a very clear line between aggressive and flat out rude/inappropriate.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I have heard a lot about how they are clean now, but that doesn't excuse past practices.

Also, I am confused with the siteadvisor reports for these two sites:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/shopathomeselect.com
    compared to..
    http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/shopathome.com

Thing is, shopathomeselect.com redirects to the same sub-domain that you get when you click 'Cash Back' from the site that gets a clean report from siteadvisor (shopathome.com).

We recently turned down their Affiliate application (for the third time in a year) even though they claim to be clean now. I can't forget about the past that quickly.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    I have heard a lot about how they are clean now, but that doesn't excuse past practices.
    They merged their dirty activities from Shop at home Select (SAHS) to Shop at Home but they kept their reminder 'ShopAtHome Cash Back', 'Select CashBack', 'SelectRebates' 'SAHAGENT'
    Shop at Home is still overwritting affiliate links.

"How do I get started with the Toolbar?
    Click here and follow the instructions to install the Toolbar and its associated software, SelectRebates, onto your computer. The SelectRebates software is the "operating system" of the Toolbar, and must be installed on your computer in order for the Toolbar to function."

"We strongly recommend that you download and install the Select Rebates Software, because without it if you do purchase from one of our Affiliate Stores without linking out from our Site first, you will lose your cash rebate! "

Who told you they are clean?

They've told merchants in our network that they are doing things differently, cleaned up, and to give them another shot. Of course, they won't get the shot through AvantLink but a lot of our merchants are using other networks as well.

I am glad this thread is rolling because I want to know the truth..
    Last edited by GravityFed; February 25th, 2007 at 02:07 PM. Reason: typo

15 years and counting
    They were allowed back in CJ after being banned a few months:
    December, 2006,
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=82647
    But they are still STEALING from affiliates and merchants, like eBates and all the thieves using TopMoxie or other software.

Thanks for the thread link Zeus..

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Its pretty simple, if you want to work with them then work with them. If your affiliates find it out then you can expect them to quit your program. If you don't care about affiliates and think this is all paranoid ramblings then take that stand.

I will bonus any affiliate $50 if they find any of my programs on a parasite site!! If I missed the parasite then it will cost me $50 for the mistake.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    Its pretty simple, if you want to work with them then work with them. If your affiliates find it out then you can expect them to quit your program. If you don't care about affiliates and think this is all paranoid ramblings then take that stand.

I will bonus any affiliate $50 if they find any of my programs on a parasite site!! If I missed the parasite then it will cost me $50 for the mistake.
    Now that's putting some monitary investment into showing where your programs integrety and sense of fair play gets displayed to all. Amazing how few at ABW actually seek out merchant programs, who have never ever show one forced cookie BHO popup, since before this forum started. Way too much effort goes into screwing the playing field in favor of each affiliate playing the game.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Online Marketing Consultant
    Although I still hold true to my personal opinions of shopathome. I recieved a phone call from an exec. there who had read this post and she apologized for the rude behavior of her staff. That still does not mean we will be working together as they are not in and will not be accepted into my program, as well as the fact that my program is not a good fit for their site either. But it was nice that an executive actually took the time to call me and apologize for someone else being rude. I wish it was the person but hey, I was touched and think that that was a very nice way to approach my situation with them.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread