Awesome Order!
    Okay, I hope you'll all forgive a moment of excitement, but we just had an order come in for 22 items!

I've made more money on a single sale as an affiliate, but being the retailer, this feels better somehow...

I mean, it was only a few months ago that I was still trying to convince suppliers to sell to me, sort out a gateway provider, register a new biz, etc, and now we're shipping orders daily. February has more than doubled January and nearly doubled December and we're still a month or two out from the start of what should be our busy season!

Being a retailer is just fun, a lot of fun!

Anyhoo, happy Sunday!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

ooooh congratulations Eathan

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Congrats! Those are the kinds of orders we love.

It take 10 times less time to process one big order then 10 smaller ones that total the same amount.

Of course the downside is... if there's a problem with one big order... it a bigger problem then one of the 10 little ones.

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    Of course the downside is... if there's a problem with one big order... it a bigger problem then one of the 10 little ones.
    Thankfully, we haven't had any problems yet. Had one where we forget an item, but I called the customer and let him know it was in the mail before he even realized it was missing. So far, everything has gone smooth and the feedback has been great!
    Eathan Mertz

Congratulations Eathan!

You certainly need a pat in the back for that move. Its always good to hear success stories! It boosts morale.

Congratulations Eathan.

What kind of site is it?

First of all, congrats! I know the feeling of a BIG order very well!.... if only they happen frequently.

But of course there's a downside as Billy puts it. If a chargeback comes thru, it'll really put your merchant account at risk. One of our merchants recently saw a whole bunch of orders above $200 coming in over a week from Brazil which turned out to be fraudulent. The products were shipped out, but they decided to issue a refund to the buyer nevertheless to ward off an eventual chargeback.

Congrats!
    Last edited by BeachBDM; March 1st, 2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Typo
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

Actually had another couple big ones following that. February was 1 or 2 orders shy of tripling January's volume! Looks like peak season is starting a little earlier than I had expected.

David, it's the site in my sig. We just launched last November and things are starting to take off. I wish the affiliate program was growing at the same rate, but I think that will pick up as we add some of the more familiar hobby items like rock tumblers and metal detectors.

bizzer, knock wood, but so far everything has been legit. I know what you mean though. Years ago I worked for an online shopping start-up. Shortly after launch we had a $14,000 order...from Romania...

Again, thanks everyone for the congrats and encouragement. It's still early, but it looks like our new venture has some legs under it.
    Eathan Mertz

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Yay Eathan!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread