Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sign Up Questions

ABW Ambassador
    Just had a few questions.

Under Organization for Name. I guess if we're sole proprietor, our personal name?

Financial Details/Payment. I read right now it's just direct to bank, payment by check comes in the future. Can we leave the Bank Routing Information, Bank Account Number blank for now and continue with the application? And fill that in later?

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Trust

Yes to number one and for number two also a yes I think as I did a test earlier personally and used test for those details to get through the form so if you cant leave it blank just do that mate.

It feels very cool to be talking you through sign up mate its been too long :-)

Thanks

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

A description of the exact affiliate program would be nice

I clicked Overview hoping to learn more about CD-Wow (I would want to know more & see their website prior to signing) but the only description there is a eulogy about the awesome greatness of buy.at
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Forgot 1 question for sign up. Are you a business, yes/no. Sometimes if you select yes, networks or merchants will write out checks not to you but your site name or something like that which I can't cash. I'm a business but a sole proprietor with checks are made out to me, my personal name. So should that be a yes or no for me? Thanks.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    A description of the exact affiliate program would be nice

I clicked Overview hoping to learn more about CD-Wow (I would want to know more & see their website prior to signing) but the only description there is a eulogy about the awesome greatness of buy.at
    Hi Rhia,

You are totally correct, the mini site for Cd-wow is coming and should be completed by tomm or wednesday. In the meantime, here is the info for the program you requested:

http://www.cd-wow.us/

Program info:

CD WOW! is an online Music & Movies store offering Free Shipping Worldwide!

CD WOW! offers fantastic prices on a huge selection of US & International CDs, DVDs and Games. Our music catalog includes titles from a wide variety of genres, including Pre Release and New Release Chart music, alternative rock and classical music among others.

CD WOW! boasts a massive DVD catalog with the latest Pre Release and New Release movies from the US, Europe and Asia, including an excellent back catalog of movie classics and international cult favorites.

For further exclusive offers on great titles don't forget to check out the regularly updated ‘Bargain Basement’ and ‘Special Offers’ sections.

Key Points
    • Basic commission rate is 5% of total sales, with a rate of 7% for affiliates achieving 800 plus monthly unit sales
    • Best Value Always on Music and Movies
    • Free Shipping on all orders.
    • Chart CDs from $4.99
    • DVDs from $9.95
    • An award winning customer services department
    • A growing catalog of titles to choose from
    We work closely with our affiliates and are happy to customize our program to appeal to their audience. We can create co branded sites and run giveaways to encourage sales and get new programs up and running quickly.

For assistance with this please contact Andy Rodriguez

To increase basket sizes we offer member discounts, run frequent promotions and competitions, and offer a fantastic range of 100,000’s of products at the best price on the internet
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Forgot 1 question for sign up. Are you a business, yes/no. Sometimes if you select yes, networks or merchants will write out checks not to you but your site name or something like that which I can't cash. I'm a business but a sole proprietor with checks are made out to me, my personal name. So should that be a yes or no for me? Thanks.
    J,

Great question. The system is set up for direct deposit so the money will be sent to your bank account. In the future, checks will be available for the US afiliates but we only offer direct deposit for now. Hope that answers part of the question ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi

Rhea I hope that helps for now and as Andy says the mini page for other merchants will be there ongoing.

Trust yes its fine to check the box for business and we will write out checks when they arrive to you and not your website :-)

Thanks

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

ABW Ambassador
    'Yes to number one and for number two also a yes"

Didn't go thru with leaving the bank info blank. Some people will stop at that. Since you're a new network, they might want to take a look around first before entering bank info. Getting this:

To sign up for this program, please complete the form below and click 'join'.

Please enter a Bank Routing Number
    Please enter a Bank Account Number
    Please enter a Bank Account Name

Affiliate Network Rep
    Good point mate - ill think this one over - thanks for the feedback

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    If you enter test in the boxes it will go through and you can add later if you so wish mate

Thanks

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

ABW Ambassador
    Oh ok, was reading it wrong. Putting test in worked fine. Thanks.

If I am already an affiliate at Buy.at (original) do I need to apply separately at the US site?

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by deepestblue
    If I am already an affiliate at Buy.at (original) do I need to apply separately at the US site?

Thanks!!
    Hello P,

Yes, you need to sign up with the US programs. I will be looking out for your application and welcome aboard. I know what you can do and appreciate your support on CD-Wow my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    In the future, checks will be available for the US afiliates but we only offer direct deposit for now.
    And this is a problem how?

I'd much rather get DD than a check anyday
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    And this is a problem how?

I'd much rather get DD than a check anyday
    NB,

I totaly agree. Most affiliates would prefer DD I would imagine

ABW Ambassador
    That would be a good poll. I still like getting checks and that will be an option I hope in the future? Also what I mentioned about people stopping with having to enter Bank info and in this thread it's mentioned how to get around it but maybe it needs to be mentioned during the sign up process or just remove that part for now since it's not even needed and it is stopping people from signing up. Saw this other thread saying the same thing which I figured:

Mark:

"I am a bit uncomfortable taking this step with a company I do not know with an initial program brand I do not recognize.

Bottom line - I decided not to sign up yet because they were asking for too much personal information up front"

Jangro:

"I do hate when networks require this information just to get in the door. It’s stoped me from joining many before this."

http://www.jangro.com/a/2007/02/26/w...orks/#comments
    Last edited by Trust; February 27th, 2007 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    NB,

I totaly agree. Most affiliates would prefer DD I would imagine
    If you are curious about preferences, I prefer checks and would not sign up with an affiliate company that would only pay DD.

If the company won't pay checks, I'm not interested -- just my 2 cents.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I am a bit uncomfortable taking this step with a company I do not know with an initial program brand I do not recognize.
    Me too but with Andy's name in I figured what the heck. I'm signed up.

If we're doing the unofficial poll lol I prefer checks, also. Keeping an open mind about direct deposit maybe sometime in the future, but I only sign up with networks or individual sites where payment by check is an option.

Check payment is mentioned earilier in this thread as being available in the future, so I signed up immediately

Not only is Andy's name involved but I've listened to a couple of podcast interviews with Malcolm and his network seems to be extremely affiliate friendly

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi Guys

Really appreciate all of this feedback - its just what I need to get the ball rolling at a high level within buy.at so thanks a lot.

The guys have been busy and made the whole sign up process more friendly and less assumptive that everyone wants in quickly :-)

CD WOW description now available up front and bank info not needed to go through.

On the checks front we will definately be doing checks its not even in question. We couldn't do it from day one and we counseled some opinion on it and went for bank transfer as the option to start - wont be very long before we do checks though people so please don't worry

We have a US bank to make our DD's from which is great as the US really has a much better system than UK - here in the US you get transfers almost instantly - UK it takes a little longer lol

US Rocks!!! as do you guys for all the help and support your giving us

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I started to sign up and when I hit the part about providing my bank account info I quit. I don't like giving out my banking info to anyone. I'll sign up only if/when I can see that there are merchants with buy.at that I can really use. Until then I'll just wait.

And Mal..I'm RhEa. The person you replied to previously is RhIa. Just so you know there are two of us with a subtle nickname difference.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi

That makes sense Rhea :-)

Ill remember the nick difference

Looking forward to finding a merchant you love - if you can help me narrow that down it would be great to bring you the clients you really want to work with but either they don't have a program or they have a program with someone you would rather not work with network wise if there was a choice

Looking forward to getting to know you better

Thanks

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Thanks Mal.

My main niche is animals. I'm always looking for cute and inexpensive gifty things for pet owners and animal lovers. I really, really need a good merchant with cat and wildlife gifts.

I'm also always on the lookout for Looney Tunes products.

I already work with merchants with these products but the main ones are at CJ and I'm trying to get away from CJ altogether.

And now that Spilsbury has hit the skids I need a good toy merchant. Preferrably one that has lots of silly toys like windups, animated dolls, standups, etc.

Muchos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Thanks Mal.

My main niche is animals. I'm always looking for cute and inexpensive gifty things for pet owners and animal lovers. I really, really need a good merchant with cat and wildlife gifts.

I'm also always on the lookout for Looney Tunes products.

I already work with merchants with these products but the main ones are at CJ and I'm trying to get away from CJ altogether.

And now that Spilsbury has hit the skids I need a good toy merchant. Preferrably one that has lots of silly toys like windups, animated dolls, standups, etc.

Muchos!
    Rhea,

We have a new merchant with a Pet centered site that would fit in nicely with your theme, shoot me an email and i will discuss. And for looney tunes, check out the ARC forum ...

Affiliate Network Rep
    Noted Rhea thanks for the heads up and taking the time to reply so fast

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast