ABW Ambassador
    Hi,

I have a new site. It has been spidered by Google, Fast Search and Alta Vista without problems (just beginning to show up in the AV and Fast Search indexes - still not yet in Google for some reason). Inktomi (identified in the logs as "Slurp") visits my site almost daily - but never makes it beyond the home page. None of the other spiders are having this problem - so why is Inktomi stopping at my home page and proceeding no further?

Also, does Alexa.Com have a spider? I have recently been getting visits from them.

Same thing with Looksmart. Do they have a spider - my site is listed in Looksmart but the bulk of the visits are from zyborg@looksmart.net. Is this Zyborg a spider??

Thanks.

Jim

www.bigskyfishing.com

ABW Ambassador
    yes yes and yes

Ink has a pay for spidering program, you can pay for the pages you want spidered..otherwise you can wait..u may get deep crawled u may not...

Is fast going deep into your site?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, Fast seems to be going deep into my site. Not entirely sure how deep right now, as it just popped up in the Fast index last week (Fast was still spidering my site when it showed up in its index at AlltheWeb). But Fast was at my site for quite sometime and it wasn't uncommon for it to view 100+ pages a day while it was there. So, got my fingers crossed that it indexed most of my pages. Right now, at AlltheWeb, only my top two levels (54 in total) got indexed.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread