Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    I can't believe the Morpheus threads I am reading. If I accidently approved a publisher who could steal commiss from my REAL affiliates I couldn't handle it!!!

I have an assistant who helps me manally approve publishers and I have only told her to reject adult theme or objectionable content sites.
    Could you guys post a list of parasitic or questionable publishers that Merchants should be on the lookout for???

I assume many Merchants approved Buyersport (especially since they are probably rated 5$$$$$) without knowing the truth about the damage they would do to existing affiliates. Any other sites we should put on our "WARNING DO NOT APPROVE LIST?"

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Linda
    Ecommerce & Affiliate Manager
    ProSound and Stage Lighting
    www.pssl.com
    Email & Search Engine Marketing
    www.catalystEmarketing.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hi Linda,

Those are the types of questions affiliates love to hear from a merchant. Haiko has a pretty extensive list of known parasites at http://www.parasiteware.com Since you manually approve sites, you should be able to catch them if they try to join under different affiliate names. The problem is that copy cats of the big companies keep popping up, so you have to keep a close eye out. If you are ever suspicous about a site I'm sure Haiko would be happy to give you some input privately.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Thanks BLFH,

I have been starting to dig around on http://www.parasiteware.com but there is soooo much info to digest. I thought if we started a thread about the most dangerous ones here - where more of the merchants hang out, it may help avoid the spread of the plague. After we get some answers here I'll copy the post to the Merchant and affiliate managers forums.

Haiko has been really helpful to me already and I know he would help me if I had a questionable publisher waiting for approval. I hope everyone appreciates all the effort he puts into trying to level the playing field for honest affiliates.

BTW I'm an affiliate on the side too, so I definately appreciate him (and all of you) when I am playing on either side of the merchant/publisher fence.

Thanks

Linda
    Ecommerce & Affiliate Manager
    ProSound and Stage Lighting
    www.pssl.com
    Email & Search Engine Marketing
    www.catalystEmarketing.com

Hi Linda, you might want to check out the Suspicious Activity and Parasiteware forums down near the bottom of the forums list here. Haiko pretty much has a separate one set up for each of the major offenders.

I appreciate both your stance, your concern about inadvertantly approving a parasite, and your appallment (if that's a word) at the behavior of parasitic affiliates.

{

"Laziness, Impatience, Hubris. Pick any three" ~ YAPC 19100

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Linda - ProSound:
    I can't believe the Morpheus threads I am reading. If I accidently approved a publisher who could steal commiss from my REAL affiliates I couldn't handle it!!!

Could you guys post a list of parasitic or questionable publishers that Merchants should be on the lookout for???

there's one here

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...021#6726096021

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

I think she needs a list of the names and affiliate IDs thieves sign up under.

I

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread