$2000 Consultant Package: worth it?
    Hi all, I am really new to affiliate marketing - 10 minutes? My friend who has been running 2 web sites refered me here. I just signed up with shareasale and they offered a consultant package to launch my affiliate program. Anyone here would like to share the thought if this is worth trying? I have a pretty nice web sinim now ready to recruit affiliates. Thank you in advance for your advise.

Jeff

Affiliate Manager
    It all depends on what you are looking for in a launch package, but I would suggest that it's actually quite a bargain at $2000. When you are starting up a program, you want to get your best foot forward.

Jeff, welcome to ABW!

It is a good deal if you do not have the time/qualification to do it yourself. ShareASale has Carolyn Tang, and she is one talented affiliate manager!

Geno

Undoubtedly worth it.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Don't think about it twice...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Feel free to ask Melissa at CrazyforBargains if I would have even signed up for them - no less make us all money - if carolyn hadn't contacted me personally.

Ditto for PrintableGamesAtoZ, GoToBaby and a couple others.

If it's only $2000 - then MY orders covered that - everything else they've received was "gravy"

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Affiliate Programs should not be used to brand a product or service. You need to do that first, establish a conversion rate and then extend the marketing to affiliates.

If you have already worked that out with SAS then you couldn't find a better person than Caroyln.

Great idea, but make sure you're ready
    They offer a great service, but make sure you invest some serious time into considering whether or not you're ready to take this step. I would also recommend talking with a couple of other services to see what they think.

Talk to groups like PartmerCentric or NetExponent, these are high dollar monthly investments, but they will make solid recommendations in hope that you will come back when you're at that point.

Can't say enough about the many good things I've heard about ShareASale, but like a doctor, you should always get a second or third opinion.

ABW Ambassador
    Talk to cTang and all the Gmail people from Wayne, New Jersey.
    Then you can make up your mind.

Feedback I have received of the service has always been decent...

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Don't think about it twice...
    Think about it twice!

And both times - the decision to go with Sas to launch will be wise! They have four big things going for them:

1.) Integrity
    2.) A great following here
    3.) A great network
    4.) A GRrrrrr8! staff

Welcome to ABW and to affiliate marketing.

Alan Hamilton
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

ABW Ambassador
    And both times - the decision to go with Sas to launch will be wise! They have four big things going for them:

1.) Integrity
    2.) A great following here
    3.) A great network
    4.) A GRrrrrr8! staff
    Ditto that, and without mentioning names, in some cases the lack of a presence here can be a very telling clue.

Internet Cowboy
    Jeff,
    If it means Carolyn Tang will work with you on your program and it only costs 2 grand, I would jump on it. You won't get a better bang for your buck anywhere, no disrespect meant to any of the other fine Affiliate Managers and Outsourced Program Managers represented here at ABW...and there are many.
    Welcome to da biz

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Scoot, don't worry we all agree.

Jeff, we all agree Carolyn Tang for 2k is a great deal and you'll have a great team over there on SAS working you program, nothing to loose.

Welcome to ABW

Jeff hasn't been posting much over the past 70+ hours. Jeff, are you reading this?

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    $2000 for a consultant package to launch.

That is a VERY reasonable price - I have seen some OPM's charging as much as $10K per month for full program management, just based on reputation alone. Launching a new program and doing all the PR that comes with it is a big job. As I always say, the concept of performance-based marketing is simple; the affiliate world is complex. Merchants need someone educated and experienced to guide them through, not to mention steer the ship in the right direction!

Carolyn Tang is more than capable and has a good track record of success to speak of, as do many others. The price is fair.

I think a lot of merchants who may be just learning about benefits of running an affiliate program, or those who already have a program but have yet to fully leverage its potential, sometimes have trouble seeing value in what they will be getting for their money when hiring any consultant for the channel. This thread is a testament to that value, from the mouths of experienced industry folk.

Yes, getting a second or third opinion is recommended before plunking down any large chunk of change. But seriously - this is really a fair deal.
    Last edited by e-Gazer; March 2nd, 2007 at 01:10 PM.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread