ABW Ambassador
    Payment Confusion
    When looking at the "Sales and Activity Report" and then comparing it to the payments sent by each merchant in the Synergy Analytics "Affiliate Merchant Payment Detail" then they don't add up, in fact I seem to be getting more in the SA than the reports which is ok with me but makes accounting difficult.

for example...

Merchant 1: All time commissions using the "Sales and Activity Report" ( in the reports section) show total commissions ever made = $100 for that merchant but I have already received a check for that sometime ago but in SA there is a new payment for $10.95 but nothing in the reports.

This is just an example above and this is happening to not just one merchant but several. The amounts only small but it is a bit confusing and makes keeping track of sales difficult.

Can someone tell me what is going on?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

The "Sales and Activity Report" is based on transaction date. The actually payments are based on posting date. It's always been hard to reconcile.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    yes I figured that but for the example merchant above then there was never a transaction for $10.95 as I checked all dates going back years uptil today?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Could it be a bonus or manual adjustment?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I'm seeing the same thing. I've always run my reports at LinkShare. I was surprised when I received more from a merchant than I expected for December ... and when I went to SA and ran the report, the amount matched the payment I received. To my amazement, there was another merchant that I had no sales for in December according to the LinkShare report. However, the December report in SA shows sales and commissions.

I just figured that the LinkShare report isn't working correctly since payments actual match the SA report.

I chalk it up to just another PIA procedure from LinkShare in addition to having to change my password every two months and having to verify my five-year-old email address every day. Now in order to get correct information, I have to go through the multiple extra steps of running reports at SA. It seems to be LinkShare's mission in life to throw as many hurdles at us as they can think up.

ABW Ambassador
    This would be a non-issue if Linkshare provided a Payment Report for all merchants which they did until 2 years ago but have never done since all payment information moved to SynergyAnalytics.

You used to be able to click on the payment amount for each merchant in the old Payment Report and it would detail the commission by product/day. In fact, it's still there for Payment Periods through Feb. 2005.

ABW Ambassador
    Could it be a bonus or manual adjustment?
    I think it maybe something related...

ok well thats interesting to hear it is happening to you as well Tracey. Maybe some other members can check it out too.

One thing I have noticed is that with all of these I noticed that there has been either a $0 transaction in the reports or there was a lower amount shown in the report. i.e. the report amount is $5 but the SA data shows $20 etc, maybe that is something to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    This would be a non-issue if Linkshare provided a Payment Report for all merchants which they did until 2 years ago but have never done since all payment information moved to SynergyAnalytics.

You used to be able to click on the payment amount for each merchant in the old Payment Report and it would detail the commission by product/day. In fact, it's still there for Payment Periods through Feb. 2005.

Agreed.... Linkshare fix your damn reporting to provide transparancy with payments. This has been going on entirely too long. It makes you look like crooks.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

They added most of the old functionality to Synergy Analytics.

From the front page of Synergy Analytics, look at the Commission Analysis chart in the lower left corner. Click on the month you want to look at. This will show a summary of how each payment was calculated. You can find adjustments, bonuses, and stuff like that there.

I thought they added an option like Snowman mentioned (where you can see a summary by product/day for everything included in a payment), but I can't find it. Maybe they didn't.

You can still view the old Payment Report for recent periods by manually building the URL.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thanks Michael, very useful. I didn't know you had to click on the bars of the chart to see the details. I guess I will be clicking on all the graphs to see what comes up from now on.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Nobody has ever accused Synergy Analytics of being intuitive.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread