ABW credit card
    I was checking out the new ABW Affiliate Credit Card at http://www.theaffiliate.cc/ , but when I click "sign up today" to find some additional info the link redirects me to an error message (both on Firefox and IE):

Code:
    Unable to connect
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at click.linksynergy.com.
    Anyone else have the same problem?

Works perfectly fine for me in Firefox.

Maybe I have to tweak my browser security settings... Any particular setting that would cause this behavior?

Check your HOSTS file.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Check your HOSTS file.
    Thanks Scott, that was it! All I had to do is comment out the click.linksynergy.com line and now it works.

P.S. It's the advanta business card which I already own, it is the BEST business card out there by the way. Awesome rates and rewards.
    Last edited by felit0; February 28th, 2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: found info I wanted on credit card

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    Thanks Scott, that was it! All I had to do is comment out the click.linksynergy.com line and now it works.

P.S. It's the advanta business card which I already own, it is the BEST business card out there by the way. Awesome rates and rewards.
    Why would anyone join your affiliate program? Seriously. If you don't understand why I ask that, well, that just goes more to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Why would anyone join your affiliate program? Seriously. If you don't understand why I ask that, well, that just goes more to the point.
    Are you referring to the problem with my HOSTS file? If you're insinuating that I purposely tried to block affiliate commissions from "click.linksynergy.com" you are dead wrong. I am all for the affiliate industry, and have been on the affiliate side myself. The only reason my HOSTS file may have contained that block, is in my quest to thwart adware, spyware, pop-ups, etc, I may have installed a program which edited my HOSTS file. Or maybe my wife downloaded a custom HOSTS file on our pc at some point. Do you really think I would willingly come here and reveal such details if it was intentional?

By the way the line "If you don't understand why I ask that, well, that just goes more to the point." has a holier-than-thou ring which is quite pompous. Constructive criticism goes a lot further than casting stones.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    Are you referring to the problem with my HOSTS file? If you're insinuating that I purposely tried to block affiliate commissions from "click.linksynergy.com" you are dead wrong. I am all for the affiliate industry, and have been on the affiliate side myself. The only reason my HOSTS file may have contained that block, is in my quest to thwart adware, spyware, pop-ups, etc, I may have installed a program which edited my HOSTS file. Or maybe my wife downloaded a custom HOSTS file on our pc at some point. Do you really think I would willingly come here and reveal such details if it was intentional?

By the way the line "If you don't understand why I ask that, well, that just goes more to the point." has a holier-than-thou ring which is quite pompous. Constructive criticism goes a lot further than casting stones.
    I never overestimate the intelligence of anyone, so sure, you could be that stupid. And I sure as hell don't care about being constructive with you. Any hosts file that blocks that link must be very aggressive, that means you are blocking plenty of ads on the net, meaning you are selling hosting and then robbing those and sites like them the right to earn a buck. That is crappy. But way to blame your wife, certain kinds of people always seem to have excuses and fall guys...

Chet

Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    I never overestimate the intelligence of anyone, so sure, you could be that stupid. And I sure as hell don't care about being constructive with you. Any hosts file that blocks that link must be very aggressive, that means you are blocking plenty of ads on the net, meaning you are selling hosting and then robbing those and sites like them the right to earn a buck. That is crappy. But way to blame your wife, certain kinds of people always seem to have excuses and fall guys...

Chet
    You're unbelievable, I'll refrain from posting any further on this subject in order to keep my blood pressure down.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread