It must be getting nearer for this board to become a subscription rather than a free board - I would be happy to pay and guarantee Haiko an amount of financial income rather than be exposed to pop ups and email.

All of us recognise the need for a forum such as this and I am sure it would be easy to set up areas for subscribing guests only.

I don't think the whole board should be subscriber based as there are some forums set up by merchants etc.

In any event we are supposed to be professionals and this is the equivalent of our trade journal. I pay for computer magazines so why not affiliate advice?

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

ABW Ambassador
    Ignored the email, have never seen a popup.

Not sure what the issue is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Not sure what the issue is.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes 2 of us.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Webmaster Resources | Website Package | Webmaster Software

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am sure it would be easy to set up areas for subscribing guests only. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would also be easy to have a debacle like MyCoupons... The idea seems good (depending on the price) but I remember what a bomb it was on that other board!

As for the popup (actually a popunder), I've seen it quite a bit. It used to show once a day but I "X" it out multiple times a day now. It comes on the splash page.

When it comes to emails, though, I think I've only gotten 3 emails since ABW moved and I put in a working email addy. I was pleasantly surprised to not be bombed in newsletters and emails and I think ABW generates less email than most sites that know my addy!

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread