I've looked through several online directories in the last couple of days looking for affiliate programs to serve cerain niche areas I'm looking to develop. I've noticed that any two directories (each claiming to be the internet's biggest of course) often have different programs listed.

I'm curious as to what people on this board consider to be the best directory. By directory, I don't mean a site like cj or performics, but something more along the lines of refer-it, that lists tons of affiliate programs, both those that are independent and those that go through third parties. Thanks, Dave

Hi Organic:

I have looked a quite a few in my time myself and truly cant say that anyone has any big advantage over the other. You will just have to search through and find the programs that match your site content and visitors

For discount long distance, callback and other telecom service deals please visit

My favorite is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I like it because I started it and am proud to say that abestweb now owns it. The deal is you as an affiliate can submit your own links to the directory on a first come first serve basis. This means you can with many programs use your affiliate ID and other people will sign up under you.

Haiko may change these rules but it is to my understanding that he has decided to keep it as is.

It's not a very large list yet and not the fanciest site but it's what I've considered to be a fun project trying to rally the abestweb troups to cooperate.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    11,273 jewelry catagory under Sale by %... I'd like to list Mondera but you got me filtered out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera Partner Management
    Mondera : Click Here
    Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Web Studio-1 Solutions Co., Ltd : Click Here
    Microsoft Certified Partner
    Affiliate Management and Marketing Solutions

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Austin, TX
    Organic -

I would say that Refer-it is the best one out there (full disclosure: I worked there 1999-2000).

The directory is thorough, and they are fairly picky about the programs that are listed. When I was there, we used to only accept about 1 of every 3 programs that applied.

As a merchant, I get an average of 1 good affiliate per week from Refer-it from my listing there.

Shawn Collins
    Director of Affiliate Marketing
    ClubMom, Inc.
    200 Madison Avenue, 6th Floor
    New York, New York 10016
    tel 646.435.6513
    fax 646.435.6600

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread