Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Ok, the pop-under everytime I visit ABW was one thing

The 9/11 email was another..

But......
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    All,
    I have found a fantastic software program that identified a highly malicious Trojan on my system that even after multiple ad-aware and antivirus scans never showed up! I highly suggest that everyone download the SpyWare Eliminator and do the scan to see what is really on your system and finally clean it completely. Click Here to download it now
    continued Success,
    Haiko
    haiko@abestweb.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    (BTW the links were affiliate links)

To me this is too far. I don't need fsck'n spam..this is really too far.. especially coming from someone who seems so interested to "work with" the scumware people. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I mean..the wording is actually insulting. Gee..if you could have been upfont it would be one thing ..but...

I have found a fantastic software program that identified a highly malicious Trojan on my system that even after multiple ad-aware and antivirus scans never showed up!I highly suggest that everyone download the SpyWare Eliminator and do the scan to see what is really on your system and finally clean it completely. Click Here to download it now

whatever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    Ok, the pop-under everytime I visit ABW was one thing <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, I've been here a year and never got a pop-under. Maybe you need this software he's suggesting?

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Maybe you need this software he's suggesting?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Maybe you should be more observant... Or you have javascript or popups disabled. No, my system is clean.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Source of http://www.abestweb.com/
    [snip]
    &lt;!-- FASTCLICK.COM POP-UNDER CODE v1.6 for abestweb.com --&gt;
    &lt;script language="javascript"&gt;&lt;!--
    var doc=document; var url=escape(doc.location.href); var date_ob=new Date();
    doc.cookie='h2=o; path=/;';var bust=date_ob.getSeconds();
    if(doc.cookie.indexOf('e=llo') &lt;= 0 && doc.cookie.indexOf('2=o') &gt; 0){
    doc.write('&lt;scr'+'ipt language="javascript" src="http://media.fastclick.net');
    doc.write('/w/pop.cgi?sid=4519&m=2&v=1.6&u='+url+'&c='+bust+'"&gt;&lt;/scr'+'ipt&gt;');
    doc.cookie='he=llo; path=/;';} // --&gt;
    &lt;/script&gt;
    &lt;!-- FASTCLICK.COM POP-UNDER CODE v1.6 for abestweb.com --&gt;
    [/snip]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joseph,

Yes I have and I will continue to ... please save yourself now before it gets ugly!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Joseph,

Please forward me your (snail mail) mailing address so that I can forward you your portion of the last fastclick check of $10.48 and for your troubles I'll include a 2,000% bonus ... I think the total might equate to around $0.30 that I have screwed you out of! The link I supplied, as I have answered was justifiable, read the appropriate post ... then, if my "crimes" are so heinous to you, I can only understand your need to leave the ABW family.

Continued Success!

[This message was edited by Haiko on September 24, 2002 at 12:53 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Have what? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

...Tries to save self...

ABW Ambassador
    ugly? I can't comment on your actions freely? I'm obviously not the only one who found it "out of the ordinary"...

Ok. I'm more observant.

Looking.....nope. Only one window open. No pop ups/unders/insides.

Java script is enabled -- I get pop ups on other pages.

And sheesh, do we think Haiko's a millionaire who is just sitting around looking for ways to spend money? Hello! Last time I looked running a forum this size was not free.

Let him email what he wants and advertise what he wants. Unless you're offering to pay his bills you're simply a guest in his house.

Oh, and on the whole observant line of thought, you CAN click not to receive emails from here...why don't you do it. Easy enough, I figure.

Sorry, it's the mood I am in, so I'll make the following comments.

First, Haiko. I really didn't understand the e-mail. I clicked on it, thinking 'This is from Haiko, it has to be important.' Unfortunately, it did seem a little like SPAM.

Next, I have never seen a pop-under/up/ or over (except at Sunday Brunch, I make great pop-overs a little like beef wellington, without the beef.

Lastly Joseph. Is English your native language, if it is not you are forgiven. If it is, please get some remedial work in English grammar "...went too far." Whoa...

Again, it's my mood - been a bad day so please forgive.

Fred

In an effort to watch your cholesterol, you eat Spam Lite.

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko, IM me... Obviously I've crossed some line.. sorry.. lets talk..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Lastly Joseph. Is English your native language, if it is not you are forgiven. If it is, please get some remedial work in English grammar "...went too far." Whoa...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Fred,
    Yeesh that is embarassing. Yes, English is my native language, and if you're going to pick on me for that, well.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'd cite every time I've seen others use "your" in place of "you're". It makes me cringe. I'm embarassed that I made such a juvenile mistake. Your words that I've quoted aren't 100% correct either, I don't think [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sorry for the bad grammar.

I re-read I don't see the problem, so now more embarassed about my mistake. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Joseph Monuit on September 24, 2002 at 01:18 AM.]

Reposted as I was called away, thus the delay in the posting of the revision.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    Joseph,

Please forward me your (snail mail) mailing address so that I can forward you your portion of the last fastclick check of $10.48 and for your troubles I'll include a 2,000% bonus ... I think the total might equate to around $0.30 that I have screwed you out of! The link I supplied, as I have answered was justifiable, read the appropriate post ... then, if my "crimes" are so heinous to you, I can only understand your need to leave the ABW family.

Continued Success!

[This message was edited by Haiko on September 24, 2002 at 12:53 AM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

</font></p>

I've never had any popunder when loading abw so not sure what you're talking about. And I don't mind receiving mail from Haiko when its related to affiliate marketing (zapping spyware is crucial). If he tried to sell me a mortgage, then we may have a problem [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

In fact, I"ll probably turn around and recommend aluria to my users. Who knows how much dough I"ve lost to parasites. Getting the parasites off my user's systems is only helping me. And I thank Haiko for alerting us to this software.

Haiko, thank you for allowing us to use your forum FREE of charge. You've put your neck on the line for us fighting threats, lawsuits, DOS attacks. You are truly a godsend. And it saddens me to see that some don't see all that you have done for us.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Joseph,

Continued Success!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Haiko, Haiko..I don't think you've "screwed me" out of anything. Geez. I do understand that this place must be expensive to run, and the need to generate some type of revenue.

I just felt deceived and insulted by the email, especially the wording. I also don't believe the advertised product does any more than the great, free, ad-aware product does. I see this as an attempt by you to profit from the scumware, not directly, but, by people buying into the paranoia, and that I feel is wrong. I am wholly open to the fact that I may be wrong, but, I felt it was in the best interest of the ABW community at large (and that is what ABW is about, right?) to address how I felt. I probably approached this in the wrong way, and, I apologize for that, but, the e-mail really set me off. I was out of line.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:

.... The 9/11 email was another..
    [QUOTE]

Fine send me a bill ... I live in NY I wanted to share my feelings to my members ... I am sorry such expression offended or bothered you!

</font></p>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sal:
    I've never had any popunder when loading abw so not sure what you're talking about. And I don't mind receiving mail from Haiko when its related to affiliate marketing (zapping spyware is crucial). If he tried to sell me a mortgage, then we may have a problem [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

In fact, I"ll probably turn around and recommend aluria to my users. Who knows how much dough I"ve lost to parasites. Getting the parasites off my user's systems is only helping me. And I thank Haiko for alerting us to this software.

Haiko, thank you for allowing us to use your forum FREE of charge. You've put your neck on the line for us fighting threats, lawsuits, DOS attacks. You are truly a godsend. And it saddens me to see that some don't see all that you have done for us.

Sal @ http://www.phatbargains.com/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sal,

Thank you, SIR!

</font></p>

Joseph,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I just felt deceived and insulted by the email,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine forward me a bill for your time.

I have had browser anomalies as I depicted and have seen ...

http://www.abestweb.com/pop1.jpg

http://www.abestweb.com/pop2.jpg

http://www.abestweb.com/pop3.jpg

Then I downloaded the software and it was gone!

Please make sure to forward me you your registered email addy so that I can also opt you out from any important message from the admin. We are over a year old and never have sent any mail that is not important to our members. I find it asinine that you don't want to double check (for free) what the link shows ... your vulnerability! I guess I should shut up and let others explain the anomalies themselves!

</font></p>

I get a popunder when I first come into ABW through the gateway, that's all.

I think Haiko's email was valid but as said elsewhere I wasn't certain it was actually from Haiko until I'd examined it. It's a useful product though.

Меня зовут Динаму

I must admit to being more than a little dissapointed in the spammy email. I've come to enjoy hanging out here with you knowledgeable folks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] but unsolicited email is unsolicited email right?

Anyway, I'm a Linuz guy so a quick entry in my .procmailrc has that sorted [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I don't think anyone would fault Haiko for wanting to make some money (certainly not!) but spam is spam. And nobody like'spam...

Nick

Tioka Internet // Web design &amp; SEO

In everyone's profile settings there is a box that reads:

The administrators of this bulletin board may, from time to time, send out notices or information of interest to its members.

(check box) I do not wish to receive email from the administrators of this bulletin board

Assuming this box is unchecked then it is not spam.

Certainly a good point. I left that box unchecked because I thought that " send out notices or information of interes" would be well, not what I got the other day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

In the greater scheme of things, who cares? Haiko must have expected some backlash from such action but maybe it was well worth it financially?

Love to hear about your preliminary results on that Haiko?

Nick

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:

I also don't believe the advertised product does any more than the great, free, ad-aware product does. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sure someone may have pointed this out later in the post but only just got this far through it so far.

HAVE YOU TRIED IT??????? Then shut up and don't comment. I agree with Haiko about this product - it found things that AdAware did not. Therefore in my opinion, it does more than the "great, free, ad-aware product".

Secondly. I agree 100% with Sal.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> "send out notices or information of interest"_ would be well, not what I got the other day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say that is exactly what you got. A message of interest for all who fight parasiteware. No group of people on this earth are more concerned about parasiteware than affiliates. Therefore it follows that affiliates should be notified of any software that can help with this situation.

You can download and try this software for free. Scan you system for free. Then you can make an educated decision of whether it is better, or does anything Ad-aware does not. Then you can make an educated decision about whether you want to buy it. Hell, you can even go to a cyber cafe and order it through another computer if Haiko's affiliate link offends.

Jeeeeez. Mountains and molehills are coming to mind here.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Take it easy Andy, like I said, "in the greater scheme of things, who cares?"

Besides, I use Linux. Nothing touches my machine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Nick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast