I just can't believe the way some members here reacted to the email ad/resource from Haiko. Some people are so totally against anyone making money from anything sent to them in an email. How many emails does he send out a year? To those whining, please get a clue.

This is an real example of blatant spam to 2 emails that have been harvested from one of my sites. I got these today, The worst part is that I am already an affiliate of allposters and it just goes to prove even more that they just harvested the 2 emails they sent it to. Sales and Support @ the same domain.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Subject: Advertising Inquiry

Hello!

My name is Jitka Mansfeldova and I'm writing to you from AllPosters.com - The World's Largest Poster and Print Store. I noticed that you are linking to other websites and I thought that you might be interested in joining our Affiliates Program. You can earn up to 25% commission on all sales from your website; plus you can choose from over 100,000 images to add to your site for free.

Below are some examples of our posters.

The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers The Rat Pack Muhammad Ali vs. Sonny Liston

The affiliates program is absolutely free to join. As an affiliate, you can link to our site and earn between 20% and 25% of every sale you make. Our top affiliates earn thousands of dollars in commission each month.

The way it works is that you display poster images and links on your site. When users click on your links to AllPosters.com and make a purchase, you earn commission on the sale.

Building links is easy and it will take you only a few minutes to sign up.
    Click here to join now!

I'm looking forward to working with you!

Sincerely,
    Jitka

Jitka Mansfeldova
    Affiliates Program Manager
    AllPosters.com
    The World's Largest Poster and Print Store
    Email: affiliates@allposters.com
    Tel: (510) 740-1310
    http://www.allposters.com

P.S. I'm sending you this invitation because your e-mail address is listed for contact at http://xxxxxx.com/. Please click on the link below to remove yourself from any further invitations:
    Remove Me <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, I got the same one today also Bass. (from Allposters.)

They nabbed the email address from one of my affiliate sites.

Tick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I just can't believe the way some members here reacted to the email ad/resource from Haiko.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Youre not the only one!

If anyone wants to see some real spam I can send you a sample of what I get in my inbox.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Webmaster Resources | Website Package | Webmaster Software

Ayup, burns my ass (can I say that?) to see people complaining about emails and pop ups and such.

It's been a bad year for message boards -- I've watched many long time boards switch to a paid service. Not because they want to make money but because they can't afford to run them anymore.

This is not hard folks. If you don't want the emails, uncheck the box in your profile. Though I haven't seen any pop ups ever here if one were to open up is that such a bad thing? How many of you don't use them at all anywhere. (Ok, I don't, but I'm making a general point here)

It's not really my place to say but my feeling is beyond that, if you don't like it, leave. Regardless of who you are, or who you think you are we are all effectively guests in Haiko's house here.

edited to say: Guess I CAN say that word [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Bassmaster,

First, if you have a sports site, please email me.

Second, I totally agree with you. Haiko, if you read this, thanks for the affiliate lead. I look at it this way; If I use this to generate revenue then fine. I'm not sure that I actually need the software my self, but what's the big fuss over him trying to make a few nickles.

Third, I had to laugh at the example you listed:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hello!

My name is Jitka Mansfeldova and I'm writing to you from <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I was waiting for "I'm putting myself through college by selling pics and videos at my site" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Then join hand in hand brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall." - John Dickinson, 1768

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

Hi Jarec,
    We have a couple hundred sites altogether, I don't remember a sports site in the lot but I could have easily forgotten.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I was waiting for "I'm putting myself through college by selling pics and videos at my site" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> It did kind've read like that one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Have a great day

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread