Heidi,
    Regarding your site, xxxxx.com, we are very unhappy to see you using our category images as your own. We are also unhappy to see actual product images posted. You do not have access to a datafeed and many of these products are no longer available on our site.

Please remove all links to products, product images and all other intellectual property from your sites. You are only authorized to use one of the banner or text links available through the CJ program.

We appreciate the fact that you are trying to drive sales on your site and for Rooms To Go. Unfortunately, however, if you do not comply with our request we will be forced to terminate your affiliation with Rooms To Go.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
    Janis Altshuler
    Rooms To Go

==================
    Dear Janis,

If we aren't allowed to link to the products then you should have never turned the advanced linking features on. This is the purpose of advanced linking.

Had I known you were only interested in Branding and not Sales, I would be charging you a minimum $25.00 per 1000 banners shown on my sites.

I will save you the hassle of terminating my affiliation to you - Consider yourself Terminated as I choose not to do business with a company that is obviously not interested in sales. With your impressive .43 cents EPC I will stick with Furniture Merchants that convert, have longer cookie durations and pay a much higher percentage for the sale than you do and appreciate the sales and traffic I can send them.

Heidi Snyder

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

quote:
    I will save you the hassle of terminating my affiliation to you - Consider yourself Terminated as I choose not to do business with a company that is obviously not interested in sales. With your impressive .43 cents EPC I will stick with Furniture Merchants that convert, have longer cookie durations and pay a much higher percentage for the sale than you do and appreciate the sales and traffic I can send them.

Good for you, Heidi! They ARE clueless!

I'm pretty sure they've been discussed here before. I think they were revealed when they joined CJ a few months back. It was pretty obvious then that they weren't serious about running a serious affiliate program.

Andy

quote:
    Originally posted by Andy:
    [QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure they've been discussed here before. I think they were revealed when they joined CJ a few months back. It was pretty obvious then that they weren't serious about running a serious affiliate program.

Yes they were discussed. I figured I'd give them a shot because I liked the products they had to offer and they had the advanced linking available. I have my own server so I have lots of disk space so it was no big deal to take a chance with them. Now that they have shown their true colors - I will replace them with another furniture merchant.

Heidi

Good! Some Affiliate managers do not get it.

Furthermore, please refrain from any direct mention of our company name or products in communications with your customers, as each use of same diminishes the value of our intellectual property. An acceptable alternative as determined by our corporate legal department is to describe "a place I know with chairs and stuff," accompanied by a printed "winky-smilie."

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you Heidi,

You have saved me considerable time and aggravation by pointing out the "clueless".

ROFLMAO - this is just too funny. I dropped Rooms To Go on Friday after their email and removed them completely from my site.

I go into my cj mail today to find a new letter from them:

Subject: Sorry, your application was not approved
    Date: 2002-09-23 06:58:01.0

Thank you for applying to Rooms To Go. We regret to inform you that your application was not approved for this program. This is not intended as disapproval of the quality or value of your Web site.

==========

Yeah ok, I had already dropped you Rooms To Go, I certainly didn't re-apply and nor would I ever have done so. What a pathetic excuse of a merchant!

Heidi

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Don't fret Heidi this is another Brick-n-Mortar retailer with 200% markup seeking some affiliate slaves. Sure they don't want product linking since they only wish to get us to drive traffic to their store...not sell first time visitors. You can bet their miserable CJ cookie is set to the off position after the first sale is made. Then watch the reversal rate shoot on up during the Holiday shopping periods.Also watch out for ones that automatically push FINANCE monthly payment plans..they divert a cash sale to this normal method of furniture purchase to bypass commission exposure.

I hate to say this but have at this merchant all you parasite trolls here. Charge them an arm and leg for a Gator campaign or double dip them with Morpheus/Kazaa/eBates interloping popups. You deserve each other.

Meanwhile we have a opening for converting Furniture merchants here at ABW. Anyone out there willing to pay commissions by getting conversions under 100 clicks per sale to your furniture lines. The 800 click to one sale current crop aren't worth the effort. Let them duke it out on the PPC search engine keyword buys.

WebMaster Mike

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread