Nintendo Wii
    Hi All,

I was wonder who here has a Nintendo Wii? I'm sure that some of you are above playing video games or are too busy making web pages (and making money). I am currently wanting to buy one and have heard a lot of great things about them but can't seem to find a store that has them in stock. There are a lot of no-name merchants that have them for sale but I want to buy it somewhere reputable.

Does anyone else here recommend Wii? Any suggestions on where to buy?

Core

Snib has one.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

My oldest son has one. He and other parents have told me it is fun, but you get sore from all the action.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    try B&M wal-mart, toysrus, target, frys, compusa

don't worry about checking online for those 5 places + amazon cos I already did and it's sold out.

I did not know that there is a shortage of the Wii 2+ months after x'mas.

Don't own one, so can't help u there..

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Snib has one.
    That's right! I love it. The best part is the internet access. I'm always checking for new classic games to download and the Opera browser is great for viewing YouTube. So far the Wii game selection is limited, but Zelda is awesome. I can't wait for Metroid and Mario.

Anyway, if you want to get one you'll have to call up Walmart and Target daily for at least a week or two. They tend to hold their shipments until the morning so you might get lucky and catch them the day before they go on sale. I hear ToysRUs gets the most systems, but they usually sell them the minute they arrive. Apparently UPS delivers them from 11am to 1pm, so that's the best time to call or stop by. It just takes some determination and a lot of phone calls, but if you put in the footwork you'll eventually find one. It took me 7 days of daily phone calls to Target, Walmart, and EB Games to get one.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Thanks for the info Snib! I have been all over this town several times without any luck. I think I'm just going to have to go to a bigger city with more options. The closest target is 30 miles and the closest Toys R Us is 60. It sucks to live in a cornfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Core
    Thanks for the info Snib! I have been all over this town several times without any luck. I think I'm just going to have to go to a bigger city with more options. The closest target is 30 miles and the closest Toys R Us is 60. It sucks to live in a cornfield.
    Just keep calling. No point in driving when they don't have them in stock.

- Scott

I have one, I like the games where you have to move around and what not, but the UI for it blows and the graphics suck but i love it even so.

Derrick got one, kind of by luck. He called around to like every possible place within a 30 mile radius, and Walmart had 5 but couldn't sell them until a certain date, because Nintendo supposedly but a hold on them for QA. Anyhow, Derrick wanted it so bad, he went a few hours before midnight of the day they were going to put them on sale. The night manager said the people they talked to where full of sh** and sold him it anyways.

Anyhow it is a lot of fun! Active and fun to watch other people play. Derrick plays a lot of zelda on it ... LOL

Good luck finding one ... there's a bunch on ebay! lol
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Collier
    Derrick plays a lot of zelda on it ... LOL
    Great game, at what point in the game is he? It took me about 3 weeks to complete it.

- Scott

Well I just called the Target which is 30 miles from here and they have 3 Wiis! They got them in yesterday! So I'm going to go get one here in a few minutes. I'll let you all know if I accidentally throw a nunchuck controller through a window or hit my girlfriend in the head.

Thanks for the input guys. I had been looking online for a while and didn't want to buy on ebay or a shady merchant.

Core

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    I cannot post the link as it would violate the rules of this forum.

I have Nintendo Wii US Version with Nintendo Sports, ship within 2 days.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Quote Originally Posted by Core
    I'll let you all know if I accidentally throw a nunchuck controller through a window or hit my girlfriend in the head.
    That's no laughing matter. Derrick was playing Wii Golf one, or bowling or something and our son walked right in front of him. Didn't phase him much ... but we all got a giggle, even our 18 month old. Needless to say the "active" games are not played while he is up anymore.

Snib, I will have Derrick come talk about Zelda ... I have no idea .... other than I am about to strangle that damn howling wolf!!
    KK

Wii is pretty awesome. I only have a few games for it since game selection is so limited right now. I play a lot of Zelda. I'm about 20 hours into it at the point after the water dungeon and going into the hidden desert.

I also have Sonic and Ravin Rabbids. I'm looking forward to Metroid to get released, that game should be pretty cool.

Nintendo had a pretty out-of-the-ordinary idea with their remote and nunchuck idea. I was a little weary about it at first. I decided to get one because of the low price compared to the PS3. I was impressed. I thought the intivated remote idea might make playing a game seem too much like work but its actually rather fun. I'd recommend anyone who wants to try one, can find one, and has 250 bucks to blow, to pick one up.

To be honest, I still prefer my 360. The games seem to be more my cup of tea (outside of zelda and hopefully the upcoming Metroid). Graphics on the Wii seem to be a little under developed compared to the other two next-generation gaming systems. Wii's free online access is a great advantaged to the system over the 360 although I have a lot of problems with the internal wireless card in the Wii finding my wireless router which is only 10 feet away from the system in the room directly above where the system sits. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Kinsey
    Wii is pretty awesome. I only have a few games for it since game selection is so limited right now. I play a lot of Zelda. I'm about 20 hours into it at the point after the water dungeon and going into the hidden desert.
    Nice, the desert dungeon is a good one. The only thing I haven't quite finished is catching all the poes. I think I've got about 5-10 left to find. I found all the bugs and heart containers though.

I have a lot of problems with the internal wireless card in the Wii finding my wireless router which is only 10 feet away from the system in the room directly above where the system sits. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
    That's strange. Maybe contact Nintendo. I've got a problem with mine where Farcry will lock up during gameplay. They'll repair the system for free, so I just gotta package it up and use their packing slip. Just gotta part with it for 10 days or so..

- Scott

I also have Sonic and Ravin Rabbids.
    BTW, how's Sonic? I haven't heard anything about that one yet. I've got Raving Rabbids as well, weak ending.

- Scott

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread