Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Woke up this morning to see that I'm smack in the middle of the projected path for Hurrican Isidore. What a major PITA. I learned my lesson last time, if the winds hit here in the 70 mph range, it's time to get out of dodge. Too many very tall trees, many of them pine, which are notarious for snapping like twigs. Although it was a pretty awesome thing last time to see a 100 foot tree bend over until the top almost touched the ground and then pop back up again.

I can see it now. My 3 computers, boxes of financial records for the business, a dog, and a cat all loaded up in my little Toyota heading for higher ground. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] The one saving grace is that they don't usually wind up hitting where they are first forecasted to. Will still be a busy day preparing just in case.

All I need is for it to shift it's path 60 or so miles to the east or west. As us folks in hurricane country like to say, don't want anyone to get hit by one, but better them than me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I can feel the computer withdrawals starting already from power outages. Off to go get busy getting things ready and as much business done as I can in case I'm without power a day or so.

Eeek. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Just make sure that the hurricane doesn't veer off course and chase your Toyota!

Меня зовут Динаму

I think we'll be okay up here in Shreveport, LA..just some heavy rain I imagine. The hurricane parties should be starting soon down there. Good luck...'hope everything is secure and insured there. I heard on the news this morning that the governor has already declared a state of emergency state-wide even though it was temporarily downgraded to a tropical storm. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will just fizzle out.

"Then join hand in hand brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall." - John Dickinson, 1768

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

ABW Ambassador
    Good Luck! Hope it veers off or at least downgrades.
    Cazzie

A downgrade or fizzling out will be wishful thinking. Oh well, at least with this type of natural disaster, you have the chance to get out of the way. Unlike earthquakes. I'll take a hurricane over an earthquake any day. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Jim, if you ever get hurricane strength winds up there we'd be washed out to sea down here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'm right north of New Orleans across Lake Ponchatrain. And my little plot of land is above sea level (practically a mountain by our standards). So I don't have to worry too much about flooding. Just wind damage. I'm not too worried if the wind speeds are in the 50 to 60 mph range, we get that all the time with just thunderstorms.

Oh well, everybody has things to deal with particular to where they live.

Off to check the 10 am weather update.

Looks like it is going to pass me by but hit you all in Louisanna.

You guys be careful and we'll see you on the other side!!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

she was tired of being poor, and she wasn't into selling door to door.... CSN

Coming straight at me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Directly in the line of fire. But it's just a little bitty tropical storm. Not even a hurricane. Shot they are now saying winds around 50 mph by the time it gets here. We get that all the time in thunderstorms. No big deal. Have gotten lots of rain and it's starting to pick up over the last hour or so. By Friday once all this is past, I'll sure be glad to see some blue skies again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Thankfully, it never picked up full steam after leaving Mexico. We dodge the bullet once more!

BLFH,

I'm glad it fizzled out for you. There is only three things that scare the sheet out of me and one of them is the wind. It is from a few past experiences one of which was a tornado! i won't say what the other 2 things are. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Anyways, hopefully all the trees will stand and no big gusts or spinoffs. Good Luck! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread