ABW Ambassador
    Funjet Vacations
    Yesterday, I sent the following to CJ through Ask a Question:

Funjet Vacations website states that you must call their toll free number to book a vacation package that includes more than one room on the same itinerary. Of course this results in no affiliate commission. Why does CJ allow a merchant to circumvent paying an affiliate commission for this reason?
    Here is the response I just received:

Thank you for contacting Client Support. Each advertiser deems what specific action (i.e. sale, lead) will result in a commission for their affiliates. In this case, Funjet Vacations appears to pay commissions for booking single rooms on one itinerary. It is not uncommon for an advertiser to choose to limit the actions they are willing to pay commissions for. In Section 1(b) of the Publisher Agreement, please note that "...details of an Advertiser's Program shall be available through the Network Service. Transactions qualifiying for a Payout are defined by the Advertiser." Funjet Vacations' url is provided on their detail page, allowing affiliates the opportunity to view what their visitors are presented with. You may certainly exercise your right to expire your relationship with Funjet Vacations if you wish. If we can assist you in any other way, please contact us again.
    What a short-sighted response which says that CJ couldn't care less if they don't earn a commission either. My inquiry should have been forwarded to the CJ program manager who is responsible for Funjet Vacations so that this could be addressed with the merchant.

I can't help but wonder if CJ upper management condones this.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    My sister is best friends with the affiliate manager and I will send this to her to see if we can get a comment back!!

Cool
    CJ is obviously trying to "make it on volume."

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck, any luck in bringing this to the AM's attention?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Actually I got it wrong, my sister is best friends with the AM for SouthwestVacations. But, she does work for Funjet Vacations and is getting me in touch with their AM.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; March 8th, 2007 at 05:16 PM.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread