ABW Ambassador
    I tried to reply to the original thread but there seems to be a problem. So I figured I'd start a new one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyway I tried to stay away from ABW for the last 24 hours to see the response (negative, and suprisingly positive) to my post, and to let myself, and Haiko cool down. I figured I'd come back in a day or so to respond.

I'll write a quick follow to what I wrote and then address what was written towards me.

I probably was out of line posting what I posted. I probably could have done it with more "tact". But, just like the Tiger Direct thread I posted a few months ago, which was rude and probably out of line, I think it accomplished something for the greater good. I got a lot of negative response from some of the a**-kissers around here, and, well that was expected. But, I hope you can see that being a TD affiliate is now better because of that thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sometimes I really have to ask how people get so freaking sanctimonious and dare say that "I've gone to far". Do little web fairies pay for the board, my time, or my expenses (industry related)? I'm actively doing things every freaking day to help people make more money and I get accused of going to far? Yeah ok KMFA!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Ok, Haiko, if you're going to quote me, please, at least quote me correctly. I'm not so stupid that I'd write "gone to(sic) far" And, as far as whining about the bandwidth, come on. Give me a break. How much bandwidth can this place suck up? I seriously doubt ABW uses over 1 TB of transfer a month, which, is nothing. I could throw up a phpbb or vbulletin board with that much transfer easily, and, it'd have a much cleaner interface to boot. (I suspect Haiko uses ubb because of their affiliate program..) Show us some graphs. Hey ask for a donation. Also, it would probably have more natural SE referrals than this ghetto infopop.cc dynamic looking hosting and save haiko some $$ on the .05 or .5 or whatever he's paying per click for leads. BTW..is it really smart to be recruiting for ABW? <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Not a bloody dime!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I do belive that. now. However, paying for leads, you must have some motive.

Don't remove the pop-up (pop-under actually) because of me. I can do like most of your "faithful" moderators do and just go in via the infopoop URL..thus avoiding the popunder. (I find it funny most of the moderators didn't even realize it was there, even after I posted the javascript code that generates it). Like I said in another thread: If it helps keep this place alive, I don't mind. Is it tasteless? Yes. Who cares...you do what you have to do to pay for the traffic, enough said..

I still stand by my statement that the e-mail was spammy and out of line. I would have no problem with an honest written one which says the same thing, but in a different tone. Maybe the program (I'll never know cuz I won't buy it. Thanks to the person who was rude enough to tell me to shut up.) does detect more than ad-aware. I virus and ad-aware scan ocassionally and I never come up with anything beyond some adclick or whatever their name is cookies. I'm not stupid enough to install freebie apps from unknown sources; I'm sorry if you are. Anyway, I have my doubts as to if what was found was really true scumware or not.

One day when I make enough money, I'll invest in some classes on tact and whatnot. I realize I can't express what I mean sometimes in the best, most tasteful, way, but I do my best. Anything I say here is in, what I feel is, the best interest of myself as an affiliate, and hopefully all (most) of us as affiliate marketers.

I'm tired of writing on this topic.
    Joseph

ABW Ambassador
    Calm down Joe . . . not everyone is mad at you and I doubt anyone really cares. Besides, people balk at the principles, not the person.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> BTW..is it really smart to be recruiting for ABW? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would dare say that most don't think of it as recruiting. It's more like inviting. I personally don't care if there's an affiliate program and a plug nickel attached to it, I'd still tell others.

You like it here yes?

"Show us some graphs."

Heh. And while he's doing that, for you, hows he finding the time to do what he's actually *supposed* to be doing?

Go away, create a board of your own, then come back and tell us all about it. We'll be very interested, I promise.

I

OK, I think everyone has said enough on this topic.. I don't like to stifle debate, but everyone has made their positions clear and I can't see anything to be gained by letting the argument rumble on.

Меня зовут Динаму

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread