ABW Ambassador
    Helpful link suggestion for Shareasale Merchants, for your Affiliates
    I'm doing a whole new site with all Shareasale merchants (with one of Chuck Hamrick's programs being the exception), and in putting up pages for one terrific SAS merchant site in particular this week, noticing that the AM has a boat-load of ready-made text links for specific categories (thank you, Kristin - done like a Mom who's done a lot of shopping... LOL), decided to make a "page" in Dreamweaver with all of the text links, all at once, so I can grab them easily for product pages, to add the direct text category link at the end of the product displays on pages - as I make the pages, instead of hunting for them one at a time.

Carolyn is always making "showcase" storefront type pages for us for products, so putting 2 and 2 together, the thought occurred to me:

How about making up a ready-made page for us with all of your text links that go to specific categories, ala "Carolyn storefront" style?

Then we can just copy and paste or save your "text link storefront page" to an HTML page on our HD, do a search and replace with our SAS aff ID number for !!USERID!! and when we do sites or put pages up with your products, we'll have the links to your categories at our fingertips, without having to hunt through SAS for them each time.

Hey, the quicker we can grab your links, the quicker we can get pages up for your stuff.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    amen to this. This would be fantastick!

ABW Ambassador
    In case anyone doesn't get the picture (no one is doing it yet, as far as I know), here's an example of one of Carolyn's CFB "storefront" pages, though they're generally products (in tables, done with WM) with 3 across:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=82032

Something like that, a simple list with all of the category text links, would be a real time-saver.

I know some merchants have many category-specific banners also, and it wouldn't hurt any to have a ready-made page with all of those as well. But I'd consider text links to be quicker for merchants to implement, and would probably get used more.

You are most welcome and you got it. A new merchant we are launching later this week has a ton of categories and their will be category text links for them all!

Will definately put that together! Nice suggestions!
    KK

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Oooh, good idea! I'll start doing those too, and call them "Webworker's indices" Want me to start on any one merchant in particular?

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    webworker,

How about making up a ready-made page for us with all of your text links that go to specific categories, ala "Carolyn storefront" style?
    no one is doing it yet, as far as I know
    Got distracted the other day on reply to you here, but this idea will catch on with others I'm sure. Some, like me, do listen and read everything and will implement this for merchants we work with, so thank you and suggestions, keep'em coming.

I think Webworker needs to be remembered for this when the voting comes around next year. Yes, it's a really simple idea, but HUGE when it comes to getting our work done and as the esteemed Carolyn said "Sometimes you can't see the forest....."

Thanks to everyone involved in making this a new viral AM idea!
    I should have put the above in this thread. It's over here instead:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=86674

Great idea! And it's catching on! Thanks, Webworker!

Excellent idea Webworker!! We just created our first of 3 "Webworker's Indices" for Print Country with Test Country and TotallyFurniture.com coming soon.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ABW Ambassador

Reminder: Christmas shopping season has started, so (no matter what these are called) whatever specifics are being promoted, these main category links should help everyone.

http and a telephoto
    I was going to do this shortly, and will move it up the list. Did you know you can download all links for a merchant in a cvs file? I haven't looked at it closely yet, but if you can them sort on text links, you should get all the text links for a merchant, including category links, easily. I've used this method to then create the html for a page or category list.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Did you know you can download all links for a merchant in a cvs file?
    Would that only include the text links or would that include the urls to the product pictures as well?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Deb, that is VERY good to know - thank you! But what if there aren't already text links to the categories? I know, nag the AM. I know that, I'm a mother so I'm a highly experienced nag. I can provide references.

ABW Ambassador

Another reminder, holiday shopping has already started, I'm seeing traffic come in on holiday-related keywords. And another request, an important one:

Please have the links be in the "short form" like what's in the feeds. When the "custom links" have the merchants' URLs at the end they're messing up search engine listings for the affiliates' site pages. I'm having to pull all those links off all my sites and just use text links to the homepage rather than the product or category pages (which are not as good).

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread