ABW Ambassador
    Furniture Datafeed merchant Offline/Online?
    I have been developing a new site to use a datafeed from a furniture merchant, it was difficult to find a good datafeed as most had problems but the most suitable one I found was "Everything Furniture" but now I find the links are not working. It is the same error you get if the merchant is offline but they are showing as online in my account?

this is the error I get when I click one of the product links:

The link is not currently active.

There are a number of reasons that you may have received this message. The most common is that the merchant who was advertising is temporarily not-actively promoting that program. If, however, you feel you have reached this page in error, please let us know. Shareasale.com does not tolerate or send any SPAM mail to anyone. If you feel you have been targeted by a SPAM message, we would appreciate if you could forward the message to us at abuse at shareasale.com.

Shareasale.com manages the relationships between advertisers and affiliates, which is why you were directed to our site. Since the link that you clicked is not currently active, you were not redirected to the site.

If you are a new affiliate, your links will not be active until Shareasale.com gets a chance to review your account - you will receive an email when your account is approved and links are activated. This process generally takes around 24 business hours.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

EF is in the process of shutting their SAS program down.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

ABW Ambassador
    really, well thats too bad and I never would have guessed as they are listed as a premier merchant.

ok I have found the problem, it was something I missed.. I took out a part of my script accidently that replaced "YOURUSERID" part
    Last edited by glittered; March 4th, 2007 at 10:36 PM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Andy R. has a new program live on SAS for furniture, onewayfurniture.com. I think the datafeed is still being hashed out though, which is what I'm waiting on.

Greg Rice manages a furniture program on SAS, totallyfurniture.com. They have a datafeed but I haven't looked into it at all.

I checked my Nature Hills links, they work. I checked a couple of others and they're working.

Since I pulled EF I've got a replacement on my to-do list. Waiting on Andy kind of (nothing against Greg). Will have to see what comes of it.

[edit] Saw your edit. Was going to mention something about that "make sure your user id is replaced".

ABW Ambassador
    ok well I replaced the EF with the totallyfurniture one (before you even mentioned it ) although I had to delete about 7 products as there was some data problems with ones that had this: "The magic and mystery of the South of France"

I'm unsure why but it caused errors in MySql when I tried to import it?

The datafeed by Andy R might be worth checking out & will keep an eye out for it.

As for Nature Hills, I have just checked several products and everyone is out of stock grrr .... do you see the same? here is one name to try "Day Breaker"

7 products...you should've seen the EF feed. I had about 100 queries in my download script to remove/rename/etc products & categories before starting my own custom edit queries. And I constantly had to keep an eye on it.

Shawn announced a new feed for NHN on the 2nd, but I did go and click through about 20-30 products on my site, which about 7 or 8 were out of stock. And I have the latest one as of 2:00 am this morning (Sunday, CST).

ABW Ambassador
    Greg Rice manages a furniture program on SAS, totallyfurniture.com. They have a datafeed but I haven't looked into it at all.
    Greg Rice makes sure the Totally Furniture feed is announced for updates on a constant basis, and I started replacing all the ef stuff with TF (and in some cases Loxly's furniture merchant) a couple of months ago, as soon as I found out about the management change. Steady sales, not hurting for it at all.

I didn't know the ef program was shutting down altogether at SAS, but I won't (and wouldn't have) stayed with them at all.

Plain and simple, if they don't keep us up to date with developments (like network or program changes) and if any AM doesn't care enough to make sure that their merchants' feeds (and consequently Makeapage) for their program are affiliate-friendly, including up to date and with good category classification, I'm not interested in working with their program.

I'm doing massive spring cleaning and de-cluttering at home, and also tearing through my SAS merchants, dropping ones that are cluttering the list.

ABW Ambassador
    It would be a good idea if we could have a sticky thread where we can place merchants with good datafeeds on it. It can take hours to hunt down a datafeed that works with your site.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    ok well I replaced the EF with the totallyfurniture one (before you even mentioned it ) although I had to delete about 7 products as there was some data problems with ones that had this: "The magic and mystery of the South of France"

I'm unsure why but it caused errors in MySql when I tried to import it?

The datafeed by Andy R might be worth checking out & will keep an eye out for it.

As for Nature Hills, I have just checked several products and everyone is out of stock grrr .... do you see the same? here is one name to try "Day Breaker"
    Could the import issue be caused by the " in the subcategory? I'm not sure how you import but this can cause problems.

However, this is our fault and not your import process so I will work to have all " removed from the categories. We removed them before so I'm not sure why they are back in those products.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    FYI - EverythingFurniture has no current plans to shut down their program on ShareASale... I just confirmed this with their management team as this thread was the first that I had heard of it....
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Well then wires are being crossed somewhere.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=84795

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    mobilebadboy,

They do have a program on CJ ... just not planning on closing the ShareASale program...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Hmm, too much confusion. I've already dropped them now, anyway, not going to bother to rejoin. Plus when I checked my furniture section the feed had apparently been whitled away to basically nothing, which further led me to believe they would be moving completely to CJ.

Oh well...

About time for me to get out of the shopping/retail arena anyway.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    Could the import issue be caused by the " in the subcategory? I'm not sure how you import but this can cause problems.

However, this is our fault and not your import process so I will work to have all " removed from the categories. We removed them before so I'm not sure why they are back in those products.
    Yes I think it might be a character causing the issues and as I said it was only the products with "The magic and mystery of the South of France" term in it that I had problems with so if your developers check that out they should be able to see the problem, thanks !

FYI - EverythingFurniture has no current plans to shut down their program on ShareASale... I just confirmed this with their management team as this thread was the first that I had heard of it....
    ok that's good to know, I have other furniture domains so will use their feed for one of them soon...

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    Yes I think it might be a character causing the issues and as I said it was only the products with "The magic and mystery of the South of France" term in it that I had problems with so if your developers check that out they should be able to see the problem, thanks !

ok that's good to know, I have other furniture domains so will use their feed for one of them soon...
    I did a search for that phrase and each subcategory had " in them. They had a process in place to remove them so I'm not sure how those got in there. I informed them and they said they have been removed so the next update should be fixed (in the next day or two).
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ABW Ambassador
    ok that's fine then and will see how it goes in a few days...

"The magic and mystery of the South of France"
    I'm using the new datafeed, and I just searched my site for "The magic and mystery of the South of France" and all of the eight products on that category, showed up with no problem.

Maybe it's because I filter those ( " ) things, some are quotes, and some are inches, so sometimes they are replaced or deleted before they get to the live pages.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread