ABW Ambassador
    Wondering when we can begin to see an upturn in sales due to Christmas spending.
    Last couple of months have been quite slow, though not bad. For those who have been in the business for some time now, it would be nice to know your thoughts on the best/worst month - maybe by listing months with a number from 1 to 12 next to them (1 highest).

Jan
    Feb
    Mar
    Apr
    May
    Jun
    Jul
    Aug
    Sept
    Oct
    Nov
    Dec

There is the list for copy & paste.

Any takers?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    I've only been doing this for 2 yrs, but what my stats show is definate pick up of sales starting in Oct and ending mid-end of Jan.

Worst months for me have been Feb and Sept.

It's more fun to jump on the trampoline than sit underneath it!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Ms Mary. Glad to hear that September is worst month for you as I have been a little disappointed this month. Not a bad month and I think that if I can make this much in September (second month running now I will probably hit $1000), then wonder how much I can make at Christmas.

Last November was my first month in the SEs, but only a few pages. With 50 visitors a day back then I still sold stuff in November/Dec.

Looking forward to Christmas sales (also hope to go to England to see my parents & brothers)

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    >>>Christmas has already started, mate. I'm seeing a reasonable trickle (if there is such a thing) of traffic to a couple of sites on christmas related terms.

That does it, the Christmas stuff is going up tonight. Sales in general had been picking up for me but if there's people who want Christmas stuff already--up it goes now!

>>>I would, of course, advise everyone else not to optimise for Xmas related keywords until....ooh...January 2003 at the earliest [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'll ignore that "advice" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Leader on September 25, 2002 at 08:20 PM.]

THIS got fubarred!! It was originally TWO posts. MarkyMark made the first one and I "responded with quote" in a seperate post! Then I put in my comments in between the quote...

Now when I look it is showing that I edited MarkyMark's message--which I didn't. (50-50 that when I post this now, it'll come up as two seperate posts like it originally should have...)

[This message was edited by Leader on September 25, 2002 at 08:24 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Marky, I am also seeing Christmas related terms coming up in my logs, but the buggers aint buying from me yet.

Andy Williams

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>[This message was edited by Leader on September 25, 2002 at 08:20 PM.]

THIS got fubarred!! It was originally TWO posts. MarkyMark made the first one and I "responded with quote" in a seperate(sic) post! Then I put in my comments in between the quote...

Now when I look it is showing that I edited MarkyMark's message--which I didn't. (50-50 that when I post this now, it'll come up as two seperate posts like it originally should have...)

[This message was edited by Leader on September 25, 2002 at 08:24 PM.] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woah...that is totally weird.... goooooo ubb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Ahhhhh...is that the smell of infopoop [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ???
    That is pretty weird...

Perfect G...I'm starting to see some stuff on our shopping sites already which is surprising (it was a little later last year)....I've also noticed a larger number of web hosting accounts that are shopping related and there is a rush to get these sites up finished and spidered by Christmas.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Typity typity typity typity typity...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> there is a rush to get these sites up finished and spidered by Christmas.~Tom
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? Oh, yeah, I guess...

typity typity typity typity typity...

(I quoted yours differently so it should show up okay...)

PS Thanks loads Joseph for pointing out that speeling! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, my!

I'm still trying to squeeze stuff in for Halloween. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Well, at least I'll have a head start next year. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

I base mine on when most Christmas Clubs payout and the majority seem to be mid October.

I've got some links up all ready but I'm now feeling the heat to get the rest in line.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Typity typity typity typity typity...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    there is a rush to get these sites up finished and spidered by Christmas.~Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh? Oh, yeah, I guess... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leader...I was just quoting what I've been told...ie 'I have to get this site finished by christmas.....'

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread