Thread: CD WOW! US - promotions and developments

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thumbs up CD WOW! US - promotions and developments
    Hi Everyone

This thread is for all the promotions that CD WOW! US will be running while they are with buy.at.

It's also an area to check on how the site is developing from all the great feedback that has been coming through .

With a fantastic guy at the helm Kevin who really wants to make his program work and the one the only Andy Rodriguez Consulting you can be sure that CD WOW! US is going to grow to be a program you love!

Ill leave it now and let the guys tell you later what the latest news updates are.

Thanks

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Affiliate Manager
    Improved CD and DVD charts
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc
    Maybe something in the sidebar for every page that reminds people that the US is region 1 with possibly a link to an explanation of the different region. Educate the consumer and avoid problems in one step.
    Hi JC,
    Thanks again for your suggestion. We've put up a short region description in our DVD zone. It's a text link on the left. Hopefully this will help ease some confusion until we can create a Region 1 / US section.

We had already begun this process by only including US titles in all new categories, but from today our CD and DVD charts will be compiled from our US sales alone. Up until now the charts included worldwide sales, so sales through our Australian and European domains were included.

This should give the most popular American titles prime position in our store, but the charts will also include international artists and movies that are popular in the US. This should give us an edge over our competitors who may not have such a great catalog of international titles.

We're constantly adding to our US catalog and will soon be adding significantly to our music back-catalog with a huge selection of CDs from American genres such as country, bluegrass, blues and jazz among others. Keep watching!

I hope everyone feels free to make suggestions or even criticisms. The more you shout... the better we'll get!

Cheers,
    Kevin

Affiliate Manager
    WOW! Weekly Specials!
    Hi everyone!

Last week we launched a great new section on CD WOW!

- WOW! Weekly Specials!

This section will be updated with 30 to 40 fresh titles every Sunday night so should be great for encouraging return visitors.

We will have great discounts on our already low prices. Titles will be reduced further for the week but many items will remain at the lower price while stocks last.

And as always... Free Shipping and No Sales Tax on ALL purchases.

This past week we had discounts on;
    - Norah Jones (US best selling album) - reduced to $13.95 delivered!
    - Dreamgirls soundtrack (2CD) - reduced to $14.95
    - Missy Elliot Greatest Hits reduced to $8.99
    And hopefully you didn't miss this magnificent offer....
    - Paris Hilton down to $8.99 with free delivery!

Our DVD offers included
    - Be Cool - $9.95 delivered
    - Lost in Translation - $13.95 delivered
    - Broken Flowers - also reduced to $13.95 delivered
    - Eddie Murphy's Delirious is hilarious at just $17.95 (and again, Free Shipping)

And the icing on the cake...
    - Inbred Rednecks Alien Abduction - a steal at just $9.95 delivered! I haven't seen it yet but for some reason I feel like I must...

Joking and weirdness aside...
    - Once Were Warriors - just $17.95 delivered and worth every cent.
    It's a fantastic movie, but it is a little violent in places. Set in New Zealand, it gives us a great look at the Maori culture, as well as focusing on some issues that affect people from all backgrounds.

We have loads of new stuff on the way so keep an eye on us!

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Last edited by Kevin OLoughlin; March 11th, 2007 at 11:58 AM.

"Inbred Rednecks Alien Abduction - a steal at just $9.95 delivered! I haven't seen it yet but for some reason I feel like I must..."

hmmm... somehow haven't gotten that feeling yet....think I'll wait and let you tell me how it was first. lol

Weekly specials sound really great, though

ok last week is over, what time will you be posting this week's deals?

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    ok last week is over, what time will you be posting this week's deals?
    Sorry about that, I'm just waiting for the prices. Hopefully I'll have them tonight but if not I'll post first thing in the morning.

In future I will post the titles and prices for the coming week a few days in advance.

Have a great week!
    Kevin

Sorry, some of us are so pesky, lol!

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Sorry, some of us are so pesky, lol!
    Not at all Anne... someone has to keep us on our toes!

New CDs and DVDs have been added to the WOW! Weekly Specials! section on cd-wow.us. (not sure if I'm allowed post the url to this section so early in ABW life... I won't risk it!)

For some reason around 10 CDs are not appearing on the offers page of our site even though I can clearly see them in the maintenance area (it's never as straight fwd as you think). As soon as this strangeness is corrected I'll post here again with the juicy details.

And once again, I'll post this info a few days in advance in future. Sorry!

Kevin

Affiliate Manager
    Let's try this again!

WOW! Weekly Special Offers! And as always... Free Shipping on ALL orders

Just to give you an idea of what we'll be offering - CD Titles for the week beginning March 19th include;

Fall Out Boy: From Under the Cork Tree - reduced to just $11.49 delivered
    Fall Out Boy: Infinitely On High - reduced to $13.95 delivered (Latest Album)
    The Killers: Hot Fuss - just $11.49
    INXS: Definitive INXS - reduced to just $8.99
    Gomez (2CD): The Singles 1998-2004 - just $13.95
    Lily Allen: Alright Still - just $13.95
    Bee Gees: Number Ones - down to $11.49
    Nina Simone: Very Best of Vol 2 - reduced to $11.49

plus many more! There are 30 plus Top CDs reduced every week.

I don't think I can post urls here but there's a banner link to this section from our homepage; cd-wow.us.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Affiliate Manager
    Recent Developments at CD WOW!
    Hi there,
    Delighted to see so many clever ideas coming in for the CD WOW! slogan competition. We’ll definitely do something fun with the best suggestions and add them to www.cd-wow.us and our new Blog!

Speaking of the new blog, please check it out at; http://cdwowus.typepad.com.
    I would really appreciate any feedback or advice you would like to share. Be as honest as you like… I'm a sensitive guy but I won’t get too offended! It’s my first jump into the blogosphere so I’m just playing around and actually having some fun with it.

We have also just launched an American Idol giveaway on CD WOW! and you can access the competition from the site or blog. We'll have some banners tomorrow so affiliates can put them on the site.
    You do have to be a CD WOW! member to play, but it’s quick and easy to join and I promise not to fill your inbox with too much junk!

I’d like to thank everyone again for their suggestions since we kicked off on ABestWeb. We’ve implemented most, if not all of them… with many, many more things in the works. Be patient and we will most definitely WOW you!

If there is anything else that you think would help then please feel free to shout here and I'll get back to you as soon as I can (I'd publish my contact details but I'm wary about breaking forum rules).

And just for Malcolm and his fellow rockers… watch out for a Led Zeppelin competition coming soon!

Go Red Sox!
    Kevin

11. Newsletter Signup