Thumbs down Etronics Flagrant Disregard for Affiliates
    Etronics seems to have vanished from CJ AGAIN!! Here is my previous post when this happened last year:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=72344

I'm very angry that they didn't send any word or email notice. I even emailed them a few weeks ago about a huge leak on their site:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?p=655027

But they never responded. If they do return to CJ I suggest you stop promoting this horribly managed program.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Affiliate Manager
    Marketing Manager
    Regarding to your post. Please understand that we completely value the Affiliate community. Communication is key that is why we tried to send out a newsletter to the community but were denied by CJ. Billing is not an issue the entire program is. We are in the process of setting a new carrier and will let every one know.

ABW Ambassador
    So what does that mean? Are you gone for good from CJ?

Affiliate Manager
    Marketing Manager
    Yes we are.

Quote Originally Posted by mark_zayats
    Regarding to your post. Please understand that we completely value the Affiliate community. Communication is key that is why we tried to send out a newsletter to the community but were denied by CJ. Billing is not an issue the entire program is. We are in the process of setting a new carrier and will let every one know.
    Something sounds fishy here. Why would CJ prevent you from keeping your affiliates in the loop about what's going on. You also didn't indicate your position with CJ and what's going on with your program. Why is the program an issue? Your post was very vague and un-informative.

And one more very important thing, are we going to get paid for what we earned this year?

- Scott

Quote Originally Posted by mark_zayats
    Yes we are.
    Wonderful, so Trust and I are the only two affiliates in your program who know this?

- Scott

They are your affiliates, trust me you've paid for access to them via the CJ and your paying to email them, they should not preclude you from announcing your move, a link to sign up at the new network I understand but not the news of it. Additionally besides owing it to your affiliates, it most definitely would behoove etronics to properly announce it to retain any/all remaining "good will" it may have with it's current affiliates and for the future ones as well.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    They are your affiliates, trust me you've paid for access to them via the CJ and your paying to email them, they should not preclude you from announcing your move, a link to sign up at the new network I understand but not the news of it. Additionally besides owing it to your affiliates, it most definitely would behoove etronics to properly announce it to retain any/all remaining "good will" it may have with it's current affiliates and for the future ones as well.
    I believe that I heard a similar story a few months back about another merchant who was switching networks, and claimed that CJ did not allow them to email their publishers. I believe that it can be done through an Account Manager Email rather than a newsletter, however.

This whole thing just angers me. If it is indeed CJ's fault then we've got a bone to pick with them as well. It seems like they're trying to prevent their affiliates from knowing about other networks. As if working with another network will hinder an affiliate's success with CJ. In fact that's quite the opposite because the more networks affiliates work with the more options they can provide their customers. Which will result in more stikiness and more sales. I'm definitely bringing this up the next time I speak with a CJ representative.

- Scott

This isn't uncommon. Many networks make it very difficult to switch networks.

LinkShare is even worse. I've been told that merchants aren't allowed to tell affiliates what network they're moving to and they're not allowed to open up their new program until the LinkShare one shuts down.

It really makes the merchants look bad.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

....and....where did they go...?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Website still shows CJ
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Right - they're off CJ, but they haven't removed the CJ program signup from their site.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread