Products shipped to Mexico
    My parents are going to move to an "American" beach community in Mexico. They asked me what the tax (or other) ramifications would be if they ordered goods through my affiliate site? I didn't have an answer but am intrigued if it is a simple process for expatriots from America to order goods and have them delivered in Mexico.

Any ideas out there?

Terrie
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

"American Beach Community". Tell the folks not to worry-----I will personally deliver what ever it is they need.

Americans in Mexico
    My parents are going to retire from the US to an "American" seaside village in Mexico. They asked me about tax, or other ramifications related to ordering products from my US based affiliate site. I didn't have an answer. Has NAFTA opened the door to "free" trade to Mexico?

I would, of course expect limitations on produce and living plants, but what about household goods or appliances?
    Last edited by phantomcat; March 6th, 2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: additional information
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

Moved your post from yesterday to the Cafe and merged your new thread into this existing one.

----------
    Having lived in Mexico, the main issues they'll have is actually getting the items they ordered and buying the items locally would most probably be cheaper than buying it in the US and paying for shipping. That all said, local sales tax, there wouldn't be any.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador

(Quote)Having lived in Mexico, the main issues they'll have is actually getting the items they ordered and buying the items locally would most probably be cheaper than buying it in the US and paying for shipping. That all said, local sales tax, there wouldn't be any.(/QUOTE)

Of course, Heiko, they are moving there to enjoy lower living expenses. The concern is for items not readily available in Mexico. This being the case, it opens a market segment worth exploring.
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

it opens a market segment worth exploring.
    No, it doesn't!

Mail service is not reliable at all, customs can, on a whim, asses any tax they want and shipping and insurance from the US is expensive.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    UPS>>> Certificate of Origin (if manufactured outside U.S./Canada)

How would the affiliate know FOR SURE unless he/she had the good in hand?

Angry Nafta?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    No, it doesn't!

Mail service is not reliable at all, customs can, on a whim, asses any tax they want and shipping and insurance from the US is expensive.
    So what you are saying is that NAFTA is a one-way street. Interesting! Thank you.
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

whn my sister was in mexico she mailed me a package from mexico and a post card.

Post card arrived 2 months after she returned from Mexico and the package never made it.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread