Inserting datafeed into MySql
    I have reached the point where it's time to take this to the next level. Actually I reached that point six months ago, but got frustrated and gave up for a while.

I am ready to purchase a script/program that will import my datafeeds into a MySql database. I had searched in the past for a cost effective (free) method and didn't find anything that worked. I do not have shell access on my host so I can't use the PhpMyAdmin command to import it. I have created a few custom sites, though limited, with php/MySql so I have every confidence I can make this work, if I can just get the datafeed into the database.

Can anyone recommend a script/program that will help me accomplish this?

Thanks,
    Ric

Quote Originally Posted by RH&A
    I have reached the point where it's time to take this to the next level. Actually I reached that point six months ago, but got frustrated and gave up for a while.

I am ready to purchase a script/program that will import my datafeeds into a MySql database. I had searched in the past for a cost effective (free) method and didn't find anything that worked. I do not have shell access on my host so I can't use the PhpMyAdmin command to import it. I have created a few custom sites, though limited, with php/MySql so I have every confidence I can make this work, if I can just get the datafeed into the database.

Can anyone recommend a script/program that will help me accomplish this?

Thanks,
    Ric
    All you need for that, you can find it here on this thread:

Building UNIQUE autoupdating bulletproof datafeed sites that sell

It's a big thread, so be ready to spend some time and , so you don't end up doing this if you get on some part of that thread.

If you make the time to read all that Dirk Gardner have posted there, soon you will be able to start to , and then just , later.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    take a look at magicparser.com.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    somebody posted your answer today I think, in another thread...

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=86606

Thanks for the replies. I read the thread Mr. Sal recommended and after a couple of hours, I managed to modify the code in that thread and successfully import a SaS datafeed into a MySql database and then pull items from that database and display them on a page.

Major milestone reached today!

Thanks again!

And now that I've done it the hard way (although the learning was good), I followed Donuts link and found the easy way. Thank's again for the links.

Thanks for the replies. I read the thread Mr. Sal recommended and after a couple of hours, I managed to modify the code in that thread and successfully import a SaS datafeed into a MySql database and then pull items from that database and display them on a page.

Major milestone reached today!

Thanks again!
    Hi Ric,

I'm glad that you took the time to read that big thread....

And now that I've done it the hard way (although the learning was good), I followed Donuts link and found the easy way. Thank's again for the links.
    And now that you learned how to do it the hard way, don't you think it would be easier for you to modify that script your way, now that know the hard way?

Even now, after you used the script that mobilebadboy posted on the other thread, and found out how easy it can be done, you can still find a lot of more tips on the Dirk Gardner big thread, I still read it once in awhile, even now, that I have leaned more than what it's written in all seven pages there.

Since now you can get the items from that database, and display them on a page, don't stop there, make a separate test directory, and play around with the scripts and the output, you will find out more than 101 different ways to show the products on your pages and many more things that you will be able to do, if you keep on experimenting and learning with more PHP scrips that you can make, or get free from the net.

Today was your lucky day!

Not only did you learned how to fish today , but you also got a ready to eat fish, too.

Ric, just curious, did you try my way?

I've gotten zero feedback on my post. I have no idea if anyone's tried it, if no one cares, if it sucks, if it works and no ones complaining, or what. I sometimes wonder why I bother....

Of course my way only deals with half the scenario, but it seems to be the part everyone asks about.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy

I've gotten zero feedback on my post. I have no idea if anyone's tried it, if no one cares, if it sucks, if it works and no ones complaining, or what. I sometimes wonder why I try....

Of course my way only deals with half the scenario, but it seems to be the part everyone asks about.
    Don't feel bad mobilebadboy,

You went out of your way by posting that script for anyone that wanted a free good working script.

I like your script, it's almost like the one I use.

Your script works good, I know that someone else would probably charge money for a script like that one, and even without the explanation of the code.

Thanks Sal. I get disheartened easy.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I've gotten zero feedback on my post. I have no idea if anyone's tried it, if no one cares, if it sucks, if it works and no ones complaining, or what. I sometimes wonder why I bother....
    Great post you made there at:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=86606

I bookmarked it myself and saved a link to it in my php resources folder, which is rare. Then later, I saw it was the answer to someone else's needs too (you saw that post). I think you did a very excellent job! I saved my shortcut (to your post) on my pc to a folder where I keep the link to Dirk Gardner's (automating bulletproof datafeed sites) post - and that post is legendary at ABW.

So, I noticed what you did for everyone and I think it's really great. And I'm typically very hard to please. :-)

Bravo Zulu to you!

Yes I did try your script late last night and posted a thank you in your thread this morning. I did get a minor error at the end of the script but haven't tried to troubleshoot it yet or try another datafeed. You said the script works for you so I am assuming the error is on my end and will dig into it this evening. Again, thanks for posting your code!

Mr. Sal, I definetly won't stop now! I have made a handfull of simple php sites in the past and one complex one using DW and the MX Kollection from Interak. My biggest challenge was just getting the feed into the database. Now that that is out of the way, look out, here I come. I've been dabbling if affiliate marketing the last three years, but itls been the last six months where two of my sites have taken off. The first site I'm going to embellish will be modeled after my best performing site. Using a feed will make that site so much better, and open other doors as well within that site.

Thank you for the kind words of support and motivation.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread