Kitchens Etc. down
    Does anyone no what's up with Kitchens Etc? Their site has been giving a .NET config error since Saturday. I would have thought they would have noticed by today (Tuesday).

If anyone from Kitchens Etc reads this I'd be glad to help fixing it if needed. I'll have to take down your product feed as it is costing me because customers can't get through to your pages.

I just went to their site, and everything seems to be working fine. Do you mean when you click on an affiliate link, or the site in general?

Anyway, did you know that Kitchen Etc, which used to be a company with Brick & Mortar stores, went belly-up back in 2004? I was surprised when they reappeared on CJ at the end of 2005, especially when some of their pictures had Cooking.com's logo on them.

On closer inspection, I started comparing their product id numbers to cooking.com's product id numbers, and they were identical. So, I wrote to a VP at cooking.com whose email address I had and asked him if they bought the rights to the name and the url. He wrote back that they had.

Here's the rub ... KE pays 7% commission while Cooking.com pays 9% commission. Needless to say, I don't bother with KE any more. They use the same identical database of products as Cooking.com and pay a lower commission rate.

ABW Ambassador
    It's down for me too, via affiliate link or straight to their site:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It works for me. Maybe they're testing something off and on. A lot of companies use the night to test or update stuff, since that's when the lowest amount of actual customers are disrupted by the fubarrage.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

It was down from 3/3 to 3/6 but maybe they saw the forum thread because it was back up a couple of hours after that.

Tracy, thanks for the info. I did not know that and didn't see 100% duplication between these two but I'll have recheck that now. No sense giving up an extra 2% commission!

Thanks

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread