Exclamation Merchant 8218 sales are NOT counted!!
    Hello,

I realized this problem before but I was waiting a new sale just to be sure. Now, I am sure about this. Lots of the sales generated for the merchant 8218 are not counted! All affiliates are losing serious money because of this.

In the "Activity Details" section I can see the sale generated. In the "Activity Summary" section, the total number of sales are also increasing. But these sales never added to the total earnings! (or added as 0 dollars). Please find a solution to this problem!

Thanks in advance...

What you are describing -- transactions appearing in the ShareASale activity details page but not being added to your account total -- sounds like a technical problem at ShareASale; you should probably submit a trouble ticket with SAS.

Are you certain that the transactions aren't being reversed (for example, because of a cancellation, refund, or fraudulent order)? That should show up as part of the activity detail report.

Quite frankly, I am surprised that ShareASale is even working with this merchant (emailPrep.com), which promises to pay people $25 for each email they send, after they first pay a "membership fee" to this outfit. It sounds like a scam. I think that by working with such a dubious outfit, SAS is damaging its own reputation as an ethical business. (This is not the only "dubious" business which is listed as active at ShareASale; as a courtesy, I just emailed a list of five others to SAS, which I identified after reviewing only about 100 SAS merchants earlier today.)
    Last edited by markwelch; March 6th, 2007 at 05:33 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    >>Quite frankly, I am surprised

ME TOO

This seems like a technical problem because all sales are posted twice to the details page. One of them shows the actual amount which is "$23.98" and the other one shows "0". My guess is that the system selects one of them randomly and because of this reason some sales are counted and some are not.

I am sure that the sale is not voided. (it's very easy to locate voided sales because of the big red font)

Check your stats carefully. Some merchants sales don't show in your Current Balance until they are locked. Flirty Lingerie is an example. Once the sale is locked, the sale will be added to your Current Balance.

Gene
    TCS

Thanks for the advice. It is NOT one of that programs which require the sales to be locked. As I said before, some of the sales are counted and some are not from the beginning.

Do you know if shareasale have a support ticket system. All I can see is the email address and a link to this forum.

Before doing that you may want to explore the Help Center in the far upper right corner. If you still need to open a ticket.

View Current Trouble Tickets (Help Center) under the Account Settings area. You can open a ticket there.

Sorry if this sounds rough, but you selected them and decided to promote that merchant. What did you expect after looking at that home page? Would you purchase that product? Do you believe the claims being made? Those are the first things I look at. First question I ask myself, "would I shop there?"

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    (This is not the only "dubious" business which is listed as active at ShareASale;
    There are some in there that seem to ride a fine line. I guess it's up to the affiliate to decide to promote them or not.

On the flip side, if they start doing questionable things I'd trust SaS to do something about it long before any other network would.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    Before doing that you may want to explore the Help Center in the far upper right corner. If you still need to open a ticket.

View Current Trouble Tickets (Help Center) under the Account Settings area. You can open a ticket there.

Sorry if this sounds rough, but you selected them and decided to promote that merchant. What did you expect after looking at that home page? Would you purchase that product? Do you believe the claims being made? Those are the first things I look at. First question I ask myself, "would I shop there?"

Mack,

If I start to ask "would I shop there", I will not be able to find any merchant.

*some people hate pay per click search engines because they believe their traffic are completely scam. I also believe that it's a waste of money. I have invested before and always lost money on them.
    *some people don't want to see horoscopes etc. because they don't believe these kind of things and they find it very stupid if someone pay money to receive personal horoscopes. I have a merchant here in sharasale about horoscopes but I would never buy a personalized horoscope for me. I am sure lots of the affiliates use them in shareasale because they have very high epc. I believe horoscopes are the biggest scam of all history Can I just drop my all time favourite merchant which converts very well because of this reason?
    * I can add many more examples here.

Thanks so much for the help about ticket system...

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    There are some in there that seem to ride a fine line. I guess it's up to the affiliate to decide to promote them or not.

On the flip side, if they start doing questionable things I'd trust SaS to do something about it long before any other network would.

I agree with Mack about this. As long as we don't have 100% evidence it is not fair to say this or that site is scam.

Before I open a support ticket, I decided to post some links to the screen captures I take to be sure that I am not doing something wrong. Is it allowed? I guess this will not be a problem for Sharasale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mybest
    Before I open a support ticket, I decided to post some links to the screen captures I take to be sure that I am not doing something wrong. Is it allowed? I guess this will not be a problem for Sharasale.
    I wouldn't do that. Check the help section first.

Contact the merchant through the SaS interface. if you find a tracking/reporting issue, then contact SaS.

I submitted a ticket as you said and will wait an answer for that...

Internet Cowboy
    I too am amazed that this is allowed to use the Shareasale name. I am more amazed that someone would promote such a site.

Why do you blame SaS because they have this merchant? SaS is one of the best affiliate networks on the web and if they accepted this site I am sure there is a reason. But if you believe that you know something that they don't know than please contact SaS directly and they will gladly remove the merchant from their site.

Ok, There are some news about this subject so I wanted to update the topic. After investigating the problem SaS found that I was right about my concern and forced the merchant to fix it. My guess was correct, their system was posting double confirmation for each sale, one with the correct amount and one with the "0". According to which one received first, SaS' system was updating the total earnings, sometimes correctly and sometimes wrong (because "0" was added to the total even though the sale was tracked correctly). Thanks to SaS who took my warning serious and investigate it.
    Last edited by Mybest; March 21st, 2007 at 05:28 AM.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread