ABW Ambassador
    Jesus Christ - I dont know what's this all about...

I type in google...and i get a strange three rivers page. I don't understand this at all. is it my browsers fault ? is it google ? or just my pc's fault ?

the message i get on that page goes as follows. A aqua colored page with the following text

Three Rivers Internet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to our server. To find out more about our services for website hosting please visit our Services & Pricing page at http://www.3-rivers.com/services.html for up to date information.

We are using Thawte for our Secure Server Certificate. This means that you must be using a browser that contains the correct browser root certificate. From the Thawte website:

"Thawte's root certificates are only valid for a while. The root certificates that we shipped with Navigator 3.x and MSIE 3.01 were valid from 1996 till 1998. The roots we ship with newer browsers, including all 4.0 browsers and later, are valid from 1996 till 2020. This means that people running 3.x generation browsers can upgrade their security to the same level as that supported by 4.0 generation browsers just by replacing the Thawte root in their older browser with the same root as is shipped with the newer browser. The process takes about 2 minutes and ensures that your browser works with the tens of thousands of Thawte certified secure servers out there, well into the next century."

For more information on how to upgrade your browser certificate go to this page on the Thawte website.

To check your browser's compatibility with Thawte Secure Certificates check out this page.

Thank you for stopping by,
    Three Rivers Internet

Whats this

Regards
    Amit

I had a dream!!! It's time It became reality...

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I can get to google just find. Something must be hijacking your browser. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    It's very likely to be a DNS or routing problem at your ISP.

Try connecting to the net using a different dialup account and you'll probably find that all is well.

In my experience the majority of ISP's have routing troubles from time to time, so I have a few different dialup accounts with different ISP's configured on my PC for such events.

-----------
    JoKe-ZoNe
    -----------

ABW Ambassador
    Perhaps [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I dont have a dialup [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I lost the connecting wire of my modem to the telephone hehe...all i use is cable internet - though it sucks - it helps me work day and night

Regards
    Amit

I had a dream!!! It's time It became reality...

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread