Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It stops now!
    Neverblue Ads will be the first, trust me you don't want to be next.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Bring the hammer down.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

See? This is why I nominated him for Mod of the Year.

On a side note, there are some days I look at this place and think: "Wow, forums like this are a great and easy way for the owners to make a good living."

And then there's lots of days that I'm reminded it's not so easy.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

#2 - PrimeQ UK
    Continued Success,

Haiko

To #3 - I'm not kidding, the opportunistic postings and gratuitous spam ends now.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Just so I'm clear on this, how about stuff like post #12:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=86377

Checking, they've never paid for anything that I can see. But at this time it is a way for merchants to get free promotion.

Now is that kind of thing ok or would it be better only for merchants that have paid for an announcement (at least) before to post in those type of threads or drop coupons in the coupon forum etc.

Well that thread is specifically designed for posting of coupons so it would be allowed as it was network instigated. If, however, they posted the offer directly in the couponers forum alone it would be spam.

As you know from the Mforum, we are cracking down on sigs, spam and gratuitous link dropping for the betterment of the ABW experience of it's members and to ensure the value proposition of the paid sponsors.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Ok, not to fight but since I've always been confused about it.

If CJ started such a thread and CJ merchants posted promotions would that be ok?
    Am I wrong in that CJ, LS, Performics, SAS are free forums meant for general discussion and not promotion? And other networks have paid forums such as Avantlink, Buy.at, AffiliateFuture and part of what they're paying for is to be able to promote. Or is SAS paying for the forum like some of the other networks I just mentioned? I always thought it was free but wasn't 100% sure.

**edit nevermind on post #12, they paid for an announcement but under a different screenname but still a general quesion on how all that works.
    Last edited by Trust; March 7th, 2007 at 12:52 PM.

If a network who actively participates (real posts not just ads and link bait) initiates a thread that encourages interaction and benefits affiliates with coupons, deals or bonuses I would not only allow it I'd encourage it regardless if the network forum was paid for or not as long as it was not a long spam thread with links a plenty, it would have to have constraints just like the SaS thread does.

The issue(s) "at hand" is not advertising revenues, nor forum fees - it is value, the value for the affiliates and merchants that do participate and identifying and eradicating the scoundrels who "take advantage" of the good will of ABW, unjustly.

ABW was started as fair place to discuss programs and has strived to encourage merchant / network / affiliate interaction and discussions and has been just that for almost 6 years now. We have all seen the results of this interaction and open communication, and my impetus is only to continue fostering such and facilitating it as fairly as possible for new comers while protecting the interests of fair and ethical business practices even though our industry seams to be run with reckless abandon and non-culpability for a "few bucks".

It stops now, and starts, here and now, one by one, rung by rung until were done.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Oh and of course we aren't fighting, please we are sooo on the same team, not just ABW wise but ethically wise and I know your just looking to fully examine the different angles for further clarification. That's why your not only a great member but also a mod.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Thanks for keeping the forum on track!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Looking spammy today Daddy Halbucks!!

Right On
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    If a network who actively participates (real posts not just ads and link bait) initiates a thread that encourages interaction and benefits affiliates with coupons, deals or bonuses I would not only allow it I'd encourage it regardless if the network forum was paid for or not as long as it was not a long spam thread with links a plenty, it would have to have constraints just like the SaS thread does.

The issue(s) "at hand" is not advertising revenues, nor forum fees - it is value, the value for the affiliates and merchants that do participate and identifying and eradicating the scoundrels who "take advantage" of the good will of ABW, unjustly.

ABW was started as fair place to discuss programs and has strived to encourage merchant / network / affiliate interaction and discussions and has been just that for almost 6 years now. We have all seen the results of this interaction and open communication, and my impetus is only to continue fostering such and facilitating it as fairly as possible for new comers while protecting the interests of fair and ethical business practices even though our industry seams to be run with reckless abandon and non-culpability for a "few bucks".

It stops now, and starts, here and now, one by one, rung by rung until were done.
    Haiko,
    You are not only the most trusted of all here, but in many ways the wisest.I learned a lot from you, and several others,on the forum.I made one big mistake, I thought the precious lady from texas was trying to change some of my earnings, when in fact she was building me a site, and sending me calls and messages on how to improve.She has a grandmother with the same last name of my mother and family, and asked if I could give her some info from Ireland, I sent what I could find, and the music, she honored us by putting the music on the webs.Also, the lady from around St.Louis,Sandra Butthead, who found out I was a vet, and called me to offer free help.
    I don't know if they are still on the forum, as well as Ms. Loxly, who was also very helpful.
    Thanks,
    God Bless,
    Jer sey Jim
    PS. I got that name in Korea, when the president ordered 29% of all military units be intergrated, I wasa coomo chief, and had 4 excellent African Americans in my unit.I heard some other Sgt's from down south call them names I hated, and they said people from Jersey lived in sewers,had swamps,etc. I had them transfered.I didn't care what color,religion or country them came from, as long as they had the same uniform.Hence, J
    Jersey Jim
    Last edited by jerseyjim; June 6th, 2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: TYPING
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Even Einstein read comic books to relax[/FONT] :clap:

ABW Ambassador
    (Jim, don't stay away for so long in the future, I get worried about you.)

Back on topic, it's a very negative user experience IMHO to see people self-promoting as their motive for doing posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Neverblue Ads will be the first, trust me you don't want to be next.

Hello, my Name is Jordan Visco and I'm the VP of Affiliate Marketing for NeverblueAds.com and one of the co-founders of Neverblue Media Inc.

Its been a while since I've spent time reading this forum and it was just the other day that I noticed this thread with our name at the top. This forum was started after a post that one of our reps made about our ebay program. After being called a forum spammer he apologized for it but his apology was obviously not enough.

So, I'd like to officially apologize to the entire community for the post that NeverblueBeau made on March 6th of this year. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=74015 He shouldn't have made that post, he shouldn't have used a manual signature, and he shouldn't have bumped such an old thread. We sincerely apologize for those actions and I promise that it will not happen again.

Those who work with us know us as good people who are ethical in their business practices and we hope to gain that kind of reputation among the members of this board over time through helping others and sharing our knowledge.

Thank You.

nice
    good job. i'm tired of all the spam.

Wink
    The nerve? I wonder what the reasoning was and why they felt it to be acceptable. waiting.....

And, I appreciate a good clean forum where there are mods/admins who actually do their job. If there were no policing, this and most forums would be a real zoo, and a very unattractive place to visit. I like this forum for the regs.
    Last edited by stellarseller; July 24th, 2007 at 02:05 AM. Reason: add comments

Red face
    It should not stop It should Continue because only on such places one can relax .........! Don't you think so...?

And, I like this forum for the regs..........Carry on........!

Shane Bond
    (slapped by Pimp Duck)
    Last edited by Trust; July 24th, 2007 at 03:18 AM.

did you see the rule about manually added sigs?

Just thought i would throw that out there
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I think you did what you had to do. If people can't follow the rules they should post elsewhere.

and as for those who are learning
    for those who are learning the rules, this really helps. I appreciate the forum moderation here it keeps it clean and cool.
    and uncluttered.

I also appreciate the posting from the neverblue corp office guy.
    tough to close out a company for one person's lapse in judgement.

but that is how we do things in our world. it helps keep us all saner... or safer... or so we still believe.
    thanks for the tips.

There will always be spammers in every forum in every niche.
    Just delete their posts and they will soon go elsewhere
    Or better still, if the posts have great content, keep the post but edit out the links. That will soon show them
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast