ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Small Accounting Inconsistencies
    When I look back on previous months in my reports I always notice small amounts missing from my account each month and they are all under $0.10 but they can mean I have to try to work out why my accounting does not add up. This is very annoying, I'm not concerned with the small amounts but just the pain of having to find out where the amount has gone. Each month I know exactly what I made and from who but I noticed my figure at the top of the CJ site was not adding up to what I have in my accounting software so I went back over the last year and found small amounts taken out from CJ even though the amounts from each merchant added up to what I have written down but the monthly figure total would be several cents below what I actually made.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

This has been discussed before:

Mysterious Nightly Deductions?

Funny the things one remembers writing about. Wow! Can't believe it was 2 years ago. The search feature here is awesome. I just did a search for "rounding" and my name, and the post came right up.

I forgot to mention ... the way I handle this is at the end of the month, I just run a summary report for all merchants to determine the actual total for each merchant.

The pesky accounting problem I experience after that is when the direct deposit comes through ... sometimes it is 1 cent less than the total reported at CJ. So I have to make one final adjustment in my accounting.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes I just subtract the amount missing and add it in my software as "adjustments" . Well it's not a problem besides just having to keep a closer eye on the figures at the end of each month now so it's kept in sync.

thanks Tracy for your feedback!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread