ABW Ambassador
    Captain America Dies
    It ends a long run for the stars-and-stripes-wearing character, created in 1941 to incarnate patriotic feeling during World War II. Over the years, an estimated 210 million copies of "Captain America" comic books, published by New York-based Marvel Entertainment Inc., have been sold in a total of 75 countries.

AP Story

*gasp* they're killing off Capt America?? With a sniper??

But i'm sure he'll live again somewhere down the road....

Excuse my language and unintentional pun but that's f'ing UN-American.

I remember as a kid I used to get chills when I saw Captain America and now in times with GWB and all the fiasco's and wars he drag our but into I really think today's youth and adults, need a captain America. Shoot, they are releasing Spiderman III this summer, why can't they do Captain America? It's a darn shame I tell ya.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Seriously. Capt America was devised as Hitler's enemy and to boost morality. With all the wars going on right now, they're going to just kill him off with some guy on the rooftop shooting him?

I'm sure they're going to make a movie on him still. The movie industry learned that movies based on comic heros (when done well) can bring in lots of money.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    That is just sooooo wrong. Comics are supposed to be an escape for youths. And, okay, for grownups that just never got out of the habit of following the progress of their heroes. What's wrong with having our kids exposed to uplifting stories, without fear of death? There is lots of time for our kids to lose their innocence, I do wish the marketing idiots that thought this up would have a bit of compassion for them.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    Dang, I remember as a kid making Captain America shields out of cardboard.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    At some point or another, years ago, I remember Superman being "killed," too.
    IIRC they changed their minds and brought him back, but only after a heap of ridiculousness that could have been avoided if they had done some decent writing to begin with...

As for how it went over, it didn't go over with me, at least, and I never read any more Superman comics. Collectors snapped up those issues, causing a misleading sales spike, but I would guess that there was a lot of long-term damage to the franchise.

I think it's dumb to write in the death of any hero character. If they want to stop publishing, they should come up with something a lot easier to cook up a believable "fix" to.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    > Marvel Entertainment Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada said a Captain America comeback wasn't impossible.
    > Marvel is developing a Captain America movie.

There's still hope,

but I still do not like the way they are ending it with a 'sniper'. Just wrong to make the young kids who are reading that comic nowadays to hear those terms just because the writers can't come up with anything else. I think these comic books writers of today are loosing it, specially with this type of ending, just to perhaps now make more with movies and collectors.

Captain America Dead? Super heroes can't DIE! What is the point of a super heroe if they can be killed? This is just stupid!

I am off to call Marvel, the White House, my Congressman, and anybody else who will listen! Hummm....maybe Batman can help
    Sandra Martin
    sandeebottom at hotmail.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Excuse my language and unintentional pun but that's f'ing UN-American.

I remember as a kid I used to get chills when I saw Captain America and now in times with GWB and all the fiasco's and wars he drag our but into I really think today's youth and adults, need a captain America. Shoot, they are releasing Spiderman III this summer, why can't they do Captain America? It's a darn shame I tell ya.
    Why doesn't Thor go and take out the sniper? I've always wanted to see a major motion picture with that one, Thor. Think The Rock could play him. Arnold might have made a great Thor, he was perfect for Conan but he's old now. Don't know who could play Conan today.

Now, that would be cool!

Although I doubt The Rock would look too convincing as a Norseman, you know, the blond hair thing

Edit after your edit:
    Arnold would have made a great Thor, even Hulk Hogan would have worked, but they both are too old.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Excuse my language and unintentional pun but that's f'ing UN-American. I remember as a kid I used to get chills when I saw Captain America.
    Heck Haiko, if it makes you feel better, I'll dress up as Capt America and send you a pic to hang on the wall!!

Alan "Capt America" Hamilton
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Perhaps they want to down play the glorious idea that war is great and heroes never die, that something as simple as a kid with a gun in a foreign land can bring down any hero.

Who knows, but in the Marvel Game on the Xbox Captain America is the best hero after Wolverine... his shield is lethal

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Aint it the same tactic used by Comics publishers draw attention to their dwindling sales. Well, i guess thats the way it is, a hero cant stay dead for a long time.

Man, bring up NASCAR and there's a zillion posts, but talk about the end of Capt America and it goes kerplunk!! Something's just wrong here. I could barely force myself to get up this morning thinking about C.A. becoming an archived memory. I just wanted to stay in bed and make the world go away. A world without Capt America? Oh no!! But I have family that counts on me, so as devastated as I am, I found the strength to rise above my grief and for today, go about making the world a better place to live..... I think that's what Capt A would have wanted........ ho hum, sigh...

Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Now, that would be cool!

Although I doubt The Rock would look too convincing as a Norseman, you know, the blond hair thing

Edit after your edit:
    Arnold would have made a great Thor, even Hulk Hogan would have worked, but they both are too old.
    Sylvester Stallone as Thor: "Yo, Zeus!" Errr, okay, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by ALH - AmeritrustRx
    Heck Haiko, if it makes you feel better, I'll dress up as Capt America and send you a pic to hang on the wall!!

Alan "Capt America" Hamilton

I'm not sure it will make Haiko feel better, but...... a picture like that might make it onto a few affiliate related blogs, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    I'm not sure it will make Haiko feel better, but...... a picture like that might make it onto a few affiliate related blogs, hehe.
    hehehe

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread