Hi everyone,

Now one of my sites is finally getting some decent traffic, I just checked my Amazon stats and am, as a result, a little confused [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

For the 27th it says I had 6 click-throughs and 40 orders!

How can this be? Does it sound right to you?

These items have not been shipped, is that significant?

Many thanks...

Nick

Tioka Internet // Web design & SEO

That is weird, although it's possible that someone ordered a bunch of copies of the same book - did you check on which items were ordered? Or maybe people click through your site and keep finding and ordering more items while still on your aff number - would it record only one click, the click that brought them to the site, no matter how many clicks they made after that? That's something I don't know.

Or, it could be a glitch on Amazon's part, of course!

Since the items were ordered on Friday, the 27th, it's not surprising that they haven't shipped yet, especially if the orders came in late in the day or early evening. I don't think Amazon ships on weekends. If any of the orders are legit, you would probably start seeing them as being shipped in your stats by Tuesday or so - unless they're marketplace items. Those take longer to ship.

J

Thanks,

the really weird thing is that the orders are for MP3 Players, 2 models with 20 orders each?

I'll not start congratulating myself untill I see some of them shipped. The smacks of weirdness though I can't can't put my finger on the cause.

Maybe a competitor saw my site in the SERP's and decided to have some fun with me?

Nick

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Nick,

That can happen stat wise. If I go to Amazon from your site and order 5 items, it will show one click-through and 5 orders. The track orders by each item. Does that make sense? It's probably that one person ordered placed one order for the total of 40 Mp3 players. I wouldn't get too excited yet though. It does look like a possible credit card fraud purchase. That would be the type and quantity of item someone who has a stolen credit card might make. OTOH, maybe it was a really good price and the person is going to resell them on ebay. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] You'll just have to wait and see if the sells are reversed. Good luck!

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

The plot thickens....

Just checked again, 20 (one prd) of these items just got shipped!

Is that a definate deal, or can it be reversed?

Nick

It's never a definite deal. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Even if it's a legit sale to someone who is going to resell them or everyone on their Christmas list is getting Mp3's players this year, they could still return them, and the sale would be reversed. Hang loose until you have the check in your hands. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I had, I think it was, 72 copies of the Queens Party in Hyde Park purchased and shippped to one buyer.

I have no idea what they wanted with all that cr@p, but it stayed bought.

I

People are weird I guess [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone..

Nick

People can be weird that's true. But if they want to come to my site and purchase 50+ items at one time in a legitimate sale, they can come be weird all over the place as much as they like. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread