ABW Ambassador
    "House Links" System
    Was just wondering if somebody from Performics can go into some detail about this upcoming linking system, direct linking to the merchant site. Thanks.

If they do implement something like this, I hope they've learned from the mistakes of others and make it an option only.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Network Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Was just wondering if somebody from Performics can go into some detail about this upcoming linking system, direct linking to the merchant site. Thanks.
    Hi Trust, we'll be posting some FAQs early next week. In the mean time, I've used this as an opportunity to launch our blog. There is some information on the feature and its implementation here:

http://blog.performics.com/affiliate/

Have a good weekend everybody (although I have a feeling I'll be hearing from you before monday )

Larry

ABW Ambassador
    I'll check out the FAQ's when they come out. Don't forget to submit your blog over at Bumpzee. It's interesting because Jangro (Bumpzee) said:

"Yes. The initial BFAST was pretty much designed based on BN.comís specifications."

And this evolved from them too.

That's certainly good news. Despite the initial speculation based on the limited amount of information initially released, it sounded like "Naked Links" which rely on the referrer being accurate to track. That is not the case with "HouseLinks".

The tracking is facilitated by appending Performics-generated tracking IDs to landing pages on B&N.com's site.
    Good job! This is actually a good enhancement.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I haven't heard much about this change, but here are my questions and concerns so far:

Quote Originally Posted by The Blog
    options to increase the value of inbound affiliate links
    Aha, I figured as much. They or anyone else sure won't be getting any free SEO services from ME! If someone wants a SE-visible link to their site from any of mine, I want a flat fee for that on top of the performance-based commission.

Also, what about return visits? I'm not in the B&N program. Do they usually pay on return visits, and if so, how would that be tracked with this system?

And, is this going to stay just for B&N or is it intended to spread, like some oil slick, over the rest of the network?

Quote Originally Posted by Trust's quote of Jangro at Bumpzee
    The initial BFAST was pretty much designed based on BN.comís specifications.

Unless that's radically different than what BFAST/BeFree became later (a while before they got bought by CJ), I'm not put at ease by that revelation...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread