Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What Cell Phone are you using?
    After Eric's great "What Digital Camera are you using?" thread, I thought it might be interesting to see what cell phones people are using and what you think of them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

We just recently switched to the Motorola KRZR camera phones through Cingular. (This is the newest phone modeled after the RAZR.) Here are some of the key features we liked:

1) A 2MP digital camera. (The CDMA version for Verizon, Sprint, etc. only has 1.3MP.)
    2) Bluetooth 2.0.
    3) Built-in MP3 player.
    4) Ability to add up to 1GB of microSD memory.

The digital camera is a bit disappointing. It's fine in bright sunlight, but performs very poorly (dark and often blury) indoors.

Bluetooth is absolutely awesome! The earpieces we bought are very comfortable and work very well. It makes using the phone so much more convenient.

I probably won't use the MP3 player much, but it could come in handy.

One other nice thing I like about the phone is that both it and the bluetooth headset use a mini-USB port for recharging. I hated all those proprietary connections on older phones.

The one thing I didn't care for was the size of the keys. It took a few days to get used to. I kept "fat fingering", hitting adjacent keys unintentionally. I'm used to it now, though.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; March 8th, 2007 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Sony Ericsson. Old model. Z600.

Both that camera thread and this cell phone thread make me think: Geno, you need to upgrade...

Treo 650p which upgraded from the 600 and was looking to upgrade to the 750p (not released yet) but think I'll instead be one of the first apple iphone users because I need a bigger screen to surf.

I was actually looking at getting an OQO v2 UMPC and then a 'regular cell' but then decided that was waay to bulky so I'd rather get a carputer and use my nav screen to surf on there.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I'm using an LG Chocolate. Fashionable phone but horrible usability. Not recommended for those are who into user-friendly phones with useful functions. Other than that, the built-in 2MP camera is OK. MP3 sound quality system is so-so.

I'm a Nokia fan

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Treo 650p which upgraded from the 600 and was looking to upgrade to the 750p (not released yet) but think I'll instead be one of the first apple iphone users because I need a bigger screen to surf.
    I also have the Treo 650p. Thanks to Haiko, Andy, and everyone else who helped convince me to get it. I love it!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Nokia 6275i
    I recently picked up the Nokia 6275i and I'm really liking it. It's a relatively inexpensive phone, but it works well and looks good. Camera takes some good pics (it even has a small flash) and reception is great. No complaints here.

While I was browsing, I noticed that the salesman had the same phone for his own personal use, so that helped sell me on it as well. I've since found out that a number of the Bell salespeople use them, so if anyone knows, it should be them...

Wait, I do have one complaint in that they have a funky sized headphone jack so you can't use your own headphones if you want to use the radio or mp3 player.

Cheers,
    Patrick Armstrong
    Online Marketing Manager, ethicalDeal.com
    patrick@ethicaldeal.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've got a Samsung A620. It's a nice not-too-gimmicky one, but Sprint gave me a decent-looking upgrade offer to a RAZR, and I'm probably going to take it.

The only thing I use on mine is the phone itself, so about the only point for me upgrading is because I'm noticing a little "catch" developing in the old one's hinge, that's likely to become a problem later on.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I use the Sprint Pocket PC. It is everything! A mini computer, a phone, MP3, dictation devise, camera (with a light) and much more. Plus I like that it runs on the Windows platform. Dropped and damaged mine and got a free replacement in 2 days (under the insurance plan I pay for). No questions asked. Just plugged it into my computer and it synched all my phone numbers, calendar stuff, etc., in just a few minutes. Had it up on the slopes with me today while I was snowboarding. Was able to log at lunch time and check messages, check for anything new on my sub forum here, etc.

It is a bit big because of the slide out keyboard, but I pefer it over the little buttons on the Treo I had. The stylus on the treo would slide off the buttons and could not be used for typing and I small keys were so close together I would often press two at the same time. The pocket PC is much easier to type with and of course, you can always use the stylus with the onscreen keyboard too.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I just went back to my lgvx4500 after my palm treo 650 sucked. I now use it for creating content while on the run. It seems that verizon and the palm treo 650 had a little problem working together. Of course I didnt know that when I bought it as my cell phone sites have no real information on cell phones. Man that feels good to admit that! I guess it's Gods way of getting back to me for all that useless gibberish
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Mine's a Sony Ericsson Z525a. I got it because I needed a new phone to get Cingular's PTT and it was the cheapest one with the capability. It actually turned out to be a pretty nice phone. It's got a bunch of....crap.... it does. But since I want a PHONE to make PHONE CALLS then I don't really pay attention to much of it.

That's why until now I've always stuck with the basic 29.99 phones (Motorola i205 and the like).

Between the phone and an actual Cingular rep moving in to my breezeway and complaining about the poor reception in my apartment complex (something I had done for months) I've had some of the clearest calls with the best reception I've ever had with any phone and/or company.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

I'm using a Motorola Razr V3m from Verizon Wireless. I'm at the stage where I really don't need email or mp3 on a phone. The Razr V3m has great reception and clear sound. It has built-in bluetooth and I use the headset religiously.

Internet Cowboy
    I have gone from a Treo 700w to a RAZR Siliver. When I moved to East TX I have Verizon. Verizon doesn't have real service here so I went with Alltel. I liked the RAZR and seldom ever used the Treo so RAZR is it. I've had it for a month and got my first dropped call today...not bad.
    Anyone want a deal on a Verizon Treo 700w?

I am using a Sony Ericson p990i. Its a complete package of everything i am looking for in a cellphone.

Pink Razor - a nice hand me down from a friend. It has officially survived 6 months of pure torture. I must drop my phone a dozen times a day. Still works beautifully...RAZR gets my vote. My phones usually don't last more than 3 months before something starts going wrong.

Have LG Chocolate, it's ok.
    Lust for Samsung Ultra Smart F700

I use a Sprint Treo 700p, I need it for email and web access on the run. The 700p works on Sprint's "Power Vision" network which works off EV-DO (Evolution Data Optimized) technology and provides faster speeds than my old Treo 650 on the regular "Vision" network. I download emails and browse the web in about half the time with the 700p. Also on the 650 I had trouble loading up the ABW forums (not enough memory), on the 700p it works like a charm

This is a bit off-topic but its a question for all of you Verizon Wireless people.

Have you used your phone as dialup modem before? My boss at work was trying to do it when her phone line was down (she lives in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have broadband!). We were trying to figure it out at work and I thought I had it so it would work. The computer recongnized it and registered it as a modem but it wouldn't dial. I was using a usb cable with the Moto Q.

Core

I am running off a Treo 650 through Cingular. Last couple of days, call have been dropping like crazy, but it's normally not bad.

Love the phone though, and it worked great when we were abroad.
    KK

CPA Network Rep
    I am using a Samsung D830 (worlds thinnest phone) & a Samsung Blackjack.

I like both... Good reception and Loud! ...unlike Motorola phones that I have used in the past.

-=Chipmunk=-
    [B]Matthew "Chipmunk" Sclier[/B]
    Affiliate Relations Manager
    [B]E-Mail:[/B] [email=matthew@leadflash.com]matthew@leadflash.com[/email]
    [B]Phone:[/B] (561) 499-3329 ext.126
    [B]AIM/Y!:[/B] ChipmunkLF l [B]ICQ: [/B] 48437188
    [URL=http://www.leadflash.com/855122D5-967E-4CAD-AE2B-F56DD265219C/refer.aspx]LeadFlash.com[/URL]: 100% Exclusive Cash Advance Offers

Affiliate Manager
    Verizon Razor all the way. Good phone, nice and thin, you forget its in your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Core
    This is a bit off-topic but its a question for all of you Verizon Wireless people.

Have you used your phone as dialup modem before? My boss at work was trying to do it when her phone line was down (she lives in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have broadband!). We were trying to figure it out at work and I thought I had it so it would work. The computer recongnized it and registered it as a modem but it wouldn't dial. I was using a usb cable with the Moto Q.

Core
    As I recall, you need to have a service activated by Verizon for it to work. Not your standard webonphone package either.

VZW prices the function pretty high as a recall, in order to discourage folks from using a tethered phone solution, and rather going to an PCMCIA air card, or a more robust handheld

I haven't worked there in 3 years though, so it may have changed.
    Last edited by Noth; March 9th, 2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Spelling. Really sick today....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by chipmunk
    I am using a Samsung D830 (worlds thinnest phone) & a Samsung Blackjack.

I like both... Good reception and Loud! ...unlike Motorola phones that I have used in the past.

-=Chipmunk=-
    I just got the blackjack today. Have you (or anyone else) found a good case for it?

-Mike

Motorola basic something, though bluetooth is great at work!

I will be getting an iPhone come June...!!!!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I just got the Cingular 3125. I have really liked this phone. Still a relatively small flip phone with pocket pc functionality. mp3, camera, and windows mobile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast