Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I decided to take a little break and catch the tail end of the local evening news. Clicked on the remote and what do I see? Another darn soon to be hurricane heading right my way! And yet another one following it. Now this is getting to ridiculous. One a week is coming close to being very annoying. Especially if it rolls in just in time for next weekend when I've got things planned. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Oh well, this means work, work, work hard tomorrow and the whole waiting game and keeping close tabs on the weather reports to know what is happening. Only these 2 aren't looking like they will have Mexico to slow them down. Just a bunch of wide open warm water in teh Gulf. There are times I really love living in the South. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    I lived in Key West as a very young man when my father was in the Navy. We went through two of those bastards, and my empathy factor is high.

Best of luck, and God Bless.

Obstinatedon

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

BLFH,

You and yours must stay staff ... we need you!

God speed and blessings!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Take care and stay safe BLFH I will be thinking of you.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    As a gulfcoast Floridian, I can honestly say, I feel your pain. May it avoid all of us. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Thanks all. Don't worry I will be safe and know when to turn tail and run! It's just a PITA having to think about maybe leaving and all the preparation. I'm lucky to be in an area that doesn't flood, but many of the rivers right around me aren't even cresting until tomorrow from Isidore. I feel for those folks with the rain expected to start again on Wednesday. But if I have to leave I will be going somewhere that has computer access. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

@Cedric:

Poor Florida deserves a break from these things. You have had more than your share over the last few years. We on the other hand have been extremely lucky and have dodged the bullet several times now. We are actually overdue for one. Just wish they wouldn't be one behind the other.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread