ABW Ambassador
    Goldencan link showing up in SERPs
    First time I've seen this bug with Goldencan. Don't know what that search engine is doing, but it isn't even close to being related to the product searched for.

Definitely not Goldencan's fault, it's a recurring search engine bug.

Question Re: Goldencan link showing up in SERPs
    Can you post the Search Engine and the query string so that we can look at it?

--Brian

Mr. GoldenCan
    Could it be a situation where Search Engine crawled your website and cached it? Now the cache page at Search engine is showing the products which are no longer available by the GoldenCAN Data on your page?

An example URL can defiantly help us identifying the problem.

ABW Ambassador
    It isn't my site, just a search I was doing to check out a product line I'm interested in. I don't mind saying that it's MSN Live Search - they've been known to list affil links before, and despite what they may claim, really don't handle 301 or 302 redirects well at all. But I won't post the search phrase, it would be like posting an affiliate link.

Asif, it isn't a matter of out of stock, the site the link goes to is as unrelated and different from what the search is for as nail polish would be compared to dog food. I did grab and save a screenshot, so I'll send it to you as an attachment, clearly saying in the msg what the attachment is.

ABW Ambassador
    Asif, I PM'd you with the search URL and a link to the screenshot.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    It isn't my site, just a search I was doing to check out a product line I'm interested in. I don't mind saying that it's MSN Live Search - they've been known to list affil links before, and despite what they may claim, really don't handle 301 or 302 redirects well at all. But I won't post the search phrase, it would be like posting an affiliate link.

Asif, it isn't a matter of out of stock, the site the link goes to is as unrelated and different from what the search is for as nail polish would be compared to dog food. I did grab and save a screenshot, so I'll send it to you as an attachment, clearly saying in the msg what the attachment is.
    Thank you for sharing the images webworker.

Looks like MSN is listing GoldenCAN redirect page even when we have added that particular folder as disallow in the robots.txt file. We even have the noindex nofollow tags on the redirect page. Definatly a search engine bug.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread