Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    adsense earning drop drastically
    Can't believe the amount of blog spam, mfa sites, spyware sites in adsense lately. All those 1c clicks. Better start looking at who is advertising on your sites.

For example, I got this advertiser, macrovirus.com on my site. If you visit their site, you will notice that it is setup to basically get you infected with some sort of parasite or spyware.

The latest threats shows some very old virus that has probably been taken care of by most antivirus companies.

StraDl
    Nyxem
    Sality
    MyDoom
    Zafi
    Bagle
    Stratio

And all of the links goes to download page. I don't think they are up to any good.

ABW Ambassador
    my beef with adsense is, no matter how much you increase your traffic/clickthroughs, your earnings will increase only for a day or two and then it gets reset to where you were before.

So now you have doubled, tripled your clicks, but still have the same earnings, as if your site has a ceiling. and this is not just my observation. others have noticed it too.

AdSense eCPM dropped significantly?
    I have definitely seen a large drop in AdSense earnings, without any significant changes in traffic or visitor patterns (I only have AdSense on a small group of sites, drawing 50,000 to 70,000 pageviews per month. My affiliate earnings from the same sites are mostly steady).
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 22nd, 2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: ecpm numbers removed to protect your adsense account.

http and a telephoto
    Report spyware advertisers to google and block them with your exclude list. As far as earnings being the same or down, perhaps fewer advertisers are using the content network... and they can pay less to the content network.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I continue to see steady revenue and growth as traffic grows. I now throw about 10-15 million page shows a month at adsense across a wide variety of sites and have not seen a drop nor the behavoir waytogo has described. In fact, Sunday (odd day for it) was a new high revenue day for me and adsense with Monday being a close second and then some tapering off to more normal levels.

Adsense jumps around from minute to minute, but over the course of an extended time period (factoring seasonal shifts etc) I have found it to be pretty consistent.

And yeah, filtering out unwanted sites is still a pain and not consistent. Do notify google of bad players, they will remove them.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    I now throw about 10-15 million page shows a month at adsense across a wide variety of sites
    if you're looking at the overall picture, you might not see it. but if you're looking at a per-site behaviour, it's there.

and i've read on the internet about other people having the same observations.

it usually happens when you try to increase your promotion and the resulting traffic spikes up the clicks. afterwards, the number of clicks remain steady but the earnings per m spikes down and one ends up at the same earning as before.

ABW Ambassador
    I think my own situation has to do with "Smart Pricing". The increase in clicks the day before throws off the ongoing conversion rate for the site. that then gives the particular site a very low conversion potential and consequently, google tightens up and gives out a lower payout per click - for the time being - until the conversion potential rate steadies itself. just a hunch.

my earnings-per-thousand-impressions are in double figures, so things like these are easy to spot.
    Last edited by waytogo; March 22nd, 2007 at 05:44 PM.

I've seen this too with increasing clicks/visitors I get a peak of maybe a day or two, then the price per click drops and overall I've more visitors, more clicks, similar revenue.

I've seen it in reverse too but not as strongly. Visitor numbers drop, there's fewer clicks to ground and advertisers seem to start uping their bids.

Hmmmm
    my beef with adsense is, no matter how much you increase your traffic/clickthroughs, your earnings will increase only for a day or two and then it gets reset to where you were before
    The way to solve this is update your site everyday, keeping your site "fresh" is the third best thing you can do for your adsense earnings.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    Waytogo, i am not sure how you ignore the overall picture, because that is what you want to look at. As i said, staring at the stats will show peaks and valleys, pretty normal for anything in life, but overall I simply do not see the behavoir your describe.

It is simply more traffic = more money with minor exceptions like being digged etc where the traffic does not participate with the site's advertising. Are you playing an arbitrage game with adsense?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Hmmmm

The way to solve this is update your site everyday, keeping your site "fresh" is the third best thing you can do for your adsense earnings.
    I tinker with my sites all the time, thank you.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    Waytogo, i am not sure how you ignore the overall picture, because that is what you want to look at. As i said, staring at the stats will show peaks and valleys, pretty normal for anything in life, but overall I simply do not see the behavoir your describe.

It is simply more traffic = more money with minor exceptions like being digged etc where the traffic does not participate with the site's advertising. Are you playing an arbitrage game with adsense?
    ah, yes, the peaks and valleys. i don't just stare at them, i search for patterns. there's more to that but that's a long story.

and it's not just me. there are others. and there are others too who took the time to write about them on the net. though don't ask me to give you the list because i don't bookmark them.

plus, "smart pricing" is a documented tool of google. it may be or it may not be the cause, only google knows, but it's the closest thing that i can associate with the pattern.

no, i didn't say that you ignore the whole picture. i'm saying that if you look closer, you may be able to see more.

no, i don't use arbitrage.

and my epm rate is real. i was able to reach that by learning from materials available freely and available to everyone on the net. perhaps what others see as garbage, i see as gold. cheers

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    my beef with adsense is, no matter how much you increase your traffic/clickthroughs, your earnings will increase only for a day or two and then it gets reset to where you were before.
    So first, because you have post this numerous times - this idea is obviously false. Otherwise every site would only be able to make what they make on the first day of signing up. Which can we agree is false? People's income does grow? You are exaggerating?

Also since you end with
    and my epm rate is real. i was able to reach that by learning from materials available freely and available to everyone on the net. perhaps what others see as garbage, i see as gold. cheers
    I am guessing you are playing games? And sure you can find someone else who writes about this, I can find people online who will write google is causing cancer in mice, that proves nothing. But what is pretty consistent, people who try and play google end up hating google.

And what I have also seen really consistently, people who run good sites, grow traffic the natural way, use adsense, have been happy with earnings, seen growth and had natural fluctuations. Again, you have posted this enough and made this false claim enough (see pt1), that I wonder what you aren't telling us about this story.

ABW Ambassador
    "So first, because you have post this numerous times - this idea is obviously false."

It is not an idea, it is a fact. there are patterns. so it's not false. it has been seen by others, so i'm not the only one who's seen it.

"Otherwise every site would only be able to make what they make on the first day of signing up."

this one is false. you're generalizing. if you read one of my posts, i said google tightens up from the initial click spike and lowers the payout - until the site's conversion potential rate steadies itself.

"I am guessing you are playing games? And sure you can find someone else who writes about this, I can find people online who will write google is causing cancer in mice, that proves nothing. But what is pretty consistent, people who try and play google end up hating google."

somebody just posted that he had observed it too. i'm not playing games, that wasn't me using another username.

no, i don't hate google. why should i? they give me money. but when i see a pattern that's been seen also by others, why can't i comment about it? i don't call google names. i don't throw curses at google. i am posting what i've seen and what others have seen. if that makes them look bad, then they should do something about it, or at least let people know what it is about. maybe they have even already issued a statement about it, who knows? i wish to see one.

"that I wonder what you aren't telling us about this story."

like what?

I think reports about patterns in earnings (either drops or spikes) are an interesting read.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Waytyogo. My bad. I read your posts, quoted them and now you deny your own quotes so there really is no point in the discussion. I will end my part in this with your original post, which again you have made numerous times on these forums.

So now you have doubled, tripled your clicks, but still have the same earnings, as if your site has a ceiling. and this is not just my observation. others have noticed it too.
    Since you have no just said this is not true, maybe you will stop posting it?

ABW Ambassador
    "my beef with adsense is, no matter how much you increase your traffic/clickthroughs, your earnings will increase only for a day or two and then it gets reset to where you were before.

So now you have doubled, tripled your clicks, but still have the same earnings, as if your site has a ceiling. and this is not just my observation. others have noticed it too."

that was my observation as well as other's and i stand by it.

however, your portrayal of it in the general sense is false.

the conversion rate (upon which the adjustments are based) of a website changes often, and so will the google ceiling if it does exist.

it is your generalization that i say is false, not my own posts.

ABW Ambassador
    So there is a ceiling of what a site can earn. But that ceiling always changes so it isn't a ceiling? But you are mad at the ceiling. Crystal clear.

ABW Ambassador
    it is a ceiling based on your site's previous/current conversion rate.

a ceiling nonetheless.

i can be mad, i can be angry, so i post about it, i complain.

but you used the word hate. no, i don't hate google.

ABW Ambassador
    ok, back to the original topic of this thread. I'm not sure if posting this link is allowed here. you may delete it if it's not. but here it is. this was started last month.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/google...se/3248854.htm

I agree with you Waytogo for 100%. I am in the same situation. My visitors are increasing and my page views. But not my earnings at Adsense. It feels it bit useless expanding my sites.

Maybe Google is lowering the publisher commission for making more profit.

Or Google is testing to see how many stick with them if he lowers payouts.

I've seen this "ceiling" too, but i'm thinking about a particular site focused in quite a tight niche. The ceiling seems reasonable to me, I can see advertisers setting a daily budget and with bidding & smart pricing the ceiling amount will be spread over the number of clicks. Of course there's spike's while the bidding & smart pricing catches up with the click rate.

I always see drops and rises in earnings. It depends on the type of traffic my sites get. For example, some days I may see more US traffic than other days.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by john9245
    I always see drops and rises in earnings. It depends on the type of traffic my sites get. For example, some days I may see more US traffic than other days.
    you're just talking of earnings. that's different.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I am sure that Google is playing with the technology as usual. Has anyone read and implemented something like this Marketing Experiment to try and increase conversion: http://www.marketingexperiments.com/...nline-ads.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast