Backlinks
    hey everyone..

Been working on my backlinks all week. I started by going to some blog linking sites like reviewme and payperpost. I used one of them and had very little luck getting links from PR4 and up blogs @ $12.50 per post. Then I started typing in keywords in G .. "keyword+Keyword+comment on this post" found a zillion sites that I could comment on with some giving me url backlinks to my site.

What I'm really trying to find is a website like a community weblog that with a samll fee can give you access to websites and blogs giving you backlinks without having to register @ each one.

Can anyone share such a site?

Check the source code on the blog sites,

do the links on these blog site have within them rel="nofollow" ?

http and a telephoto
    If the blogs aren't relevant to your site topic, then you are wasting your time. Comment spam is heavily frowned upon. And as pointed out above, many of them have nofollow tags to prevent spam from getting spidered anyway.

Getting quality backlinks takes time, research and energy. It isn't fast and easy no matter how you try and make it be. It's part of the "marketing" part of affiliate marketing. For some reason people think that building sites is the only part of affiliate marketing. Driving traffic (marketing) is the "other half" that needs just as much time and attention as making the sites to begin with.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

How about building a site that people would want to blog about? That's the most effective way of getting backlinks.

The last thing you want to do is to get backlinks through deceptive or spammy methods.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

thanks for the advise..

I do comment on sites that have the same topic as my site. My site is based on a "niche" not on something widespread that have a thousands of links. I do check other comments prior to posting to see if others do in fact have a rel="nofollow"...

I'm sure some think I'm spamming.. If that was the case how could that have a negative impact on my rankings? better to try and not try at all.. right or am I wrong?

Thanks

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by KODea
    I'm sure some think I'm spamming.. If that was the case how could that have a negative impact on my rankings? better to try and not try at all.. right or am I wrong?

Thanks
    Wrong. If you spam and are reported your site could get banned from Google completely. Why risk it?

Michael is right, build sites that people want to blog about Viral marketing works because people talk about things and places they like.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

You should only post relevant informtion to blogs. Blogs are great tools and unfortunatley a certain type of character out there sees tham as link spam farms.

Post good quality content on topically related sites and you will not have trouble. Do it the way some spammy softwares do it and the way blog owners hate and you will suffer for it.

David Skul
    CEO
    LinkAcquire

Quote Originally Posted by KODea

Thanks
    Besides the people reporting you and getting banned, I think the search engines are smart enough to see that if the only links coming to your site are within comments sections, or other 'spammy' sections of websites, they'll knock you down too.
    And once you're knocked down, I hear that getting back up is really difficult.

Best bet is constructive blogs you do yourself, or encourage your loyal visitors to do. I see some sites that say "Like our site? Blog about us!" and the like. That can't hurt, but just spamming comments sections surely can.

so be a blogger... Just signed up with G's blogger.com and been ping in Technorati.com
    thanks

Since when is manually posting links to bulletin boards = spamming???

That one could be reported and subsequently shut down for this by your host as with "bulk, unsolicted email" or "automated forum posting" seems contrary to common sense.

The forum might have restrictions on any links, affiliate links etc and subsequently ban the member. But has anyone actually had action taken against them for a reasonable amount of relevant, manually posted links???

Perhaps I'm wrong as I haven't used this method myself. But I might in the future and would rather not have my host shut down and/or domain blacklisted.

Adrian, I think we were mainly talking from a search engine's perspective. It's probably not illegal or grounds for having a a website taken down for simply sticking your links to bulletin board posts, but if the search engines see that your only inbound links are from such sites rather than genuine articles, etc., they often-times will penalize your ranking, and think you're a spammer.

Thanks for clarifying that BigGuy. That makes a lot of sense, especially if they are the 'only' inbound links.

I think the best summary would be this. Play by the rules and you'll be fine. As far as your original question goes, I think you'd be safer going a more conservative route and only submitting to forums that you are actively engaged in. If some software purported to do what you originally wanted, I would be quite wary of its tactics. I might have noble intentions, but the type of software you're talking about is well-known as being a vehicle for spamming. Personally, I wouldn't want anything to do with any of it.
    Chris Sturgill
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals." - H. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Check the source code on the blog sites,

do the links on these blog site have within them rel="nofollow" ?
    I agree, alot of blogs sites have the nofollow tag on the comments part of their blogs now to help prevent spam.
    [url=www.gamesdash.com]Games Dash[/url] - listing many free online games that you can play.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread