ABW Ambassador
    Daylight Saving Time Spring Forward Sunday
    Ay, why are you reading this post from last year? Scroll to the bottom.

In case you forgot like I almost did Spring forward at 2AM.
    Last edited by Trust; March 7th, 2008 at 09:16 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar

Yea. I remember about three hours ago I needed to update OSX to 10.4.8 before the change.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the reminder Trust - I actually had forgotten.

http and a telephoto
    I didn't know it was today until I went out my front door and some intelligent real estate agent in the neighborhood had put a reminder on the door that was an ad for their services!!!! Talk about a timely, useful, helpful advertising piece.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I hate DST, it should be banned lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocket
    I don't blame you!

Really, what is Daylight Saving Time to us, the affiliates marketers?

When was the last time that any affiliate saved any Daylight?

By the contrary, we don't save any energy anyway, we all have some kind of lights-on, over our heads, everytime that we're sitting here in front of our computers.

They should come up with some kind of Night-light Saving cash instead.

I'm not changing, just to F with everyone I know ('sorry, I didn't know you were already asleep, it's only 9:00'). Hehe.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    But will we still be here in the morning?
    Question I have is whether we will all survive the DST - "K" dimension? I theorize that it is an unknown vapor-time nano portal through which no one has traveled since 1975 when Gerald Ford instituted year round DST to save energy.

When we turn the clock ahead an hour, how will the space-time continuum be affected? Will we pass through this vapor portal, end up back in 1975 and find ourselves wearing bell bottom jeans with white belts, 2" heels on our "Stayin Alive" shoes, wide collar shirts (unbuttoned to the third button) that expose gold chains and massive amounts of chest hair? (no offense intended to our present day NYC / NJ members for whom this is still fashionable)

When we return from our journey through this unknown space-time-continuum portal, will the internet of the present day be evolved 32 years past where we left it, and none of us will be up on the technology? Will Google still be here?

Will my ppc campaigns still have good quality scores? Or will my campaigns have been deleted in 2010 because we did not move to the "virtual laser holographic real time" search model? Will I owe my credit card company millions of dollars in late fees for click charges that accrued while I was in another dimension? Will the flux capacitor be fed by an endless supply of iPods that were reposessed for illegal downloads?

Will Jimmy Buffet's book "A Pirate Looks At 90" just be breaking onto the top seller list? What will Cindy Crawford look like? How about Keith Richards? Will William Shatner still be Denny Crane?

Where is Rod Seiger when we need him?
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocket
    I'm of the opposite opinion. In the winter sometimes it's dark before I even wake up, so I'd love to see the permanent end of Standard Time.
    Last edited by Leader; March 11th, 2007 at 04:35 AM. Reason: spelling~!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    I'm of the opposite opinion. In the winter sometimes it's dark before I even wake up, so I'd love to see the permanent end of Standard Time.
    I totally agree!! I'd prefer to have daylight saving time year around on a permanent basis. I'm an early riser and love the morning sun.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm an early riser and love the morning sun.
    The only time I see THAT is as I go to sleep
    It's beautiful, just about 12 hrs too early...also tends to be too nippy at that hour...

What I'd really love is the perma-daylight of Alaskan summers, combined with the weather of Hawaii
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hmmm. I wonder if someone forgot to throw the switch at CafePress.

Down for Maintenance

We are currently in the process of performing maintenance on our Web site. Please visit us at a later time.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Ooh Thanks TRust, we don't do daylights savings here, meaning for the next week I usually miss every call I have to the States

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

This might be a good reminder
    Thought I'd pass this on. Might be some helpful reminders here for those who have all the gadgets!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17517796/

Cool
    When we turn the clock ahead an hour, how will the space-time continuum be affected? Will we pass through this vapor portal, end up back in 1975 and find ourselves wearing bell bottom jeans with white belts, 2" heels on our "Stayin Alive" shoes, wide collar shirts (unbuttoned to the third button) that expose gold chains and massive amounts of chest hair? (no offense intended to our present day NYC / NJ members for whom this is still fashionable)
    I just woke up, and as I am reading your post, I just took a trip back in time.

It's too bad, that when I went to make this reply I accidentally saw the calendar from the corner of my eye, and saw that I am still stuck here on old 2005.

I might need to go back to NJ, in order to be able to wear those bell bottom jeans with white belts, 4" heels on my "Saturday Night Fever" shoes, wide collar shirts and my 3pc polyester suit again.

Looks like Godaddy is having problems I have over 20 sites down right now glad I started using 1&1 after the affiliate summit.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    ABW forum time needs to be adjusted too.

" Looks like Godaddy is having problems I have over 20 sites down right now glad I started using 1&1 after the affiliate summit."

Glad you posted that....not happy it's happening but I was beginning to worry if it was just a problem I was having. I had 3 down, now 2. Naturally the one I really need not to be down is one of the 2. lol This has been going on now for quite some time. Can log into the Godaddy site and access email but that's as far as I can get in there.

Have only had it for a few years but can't remember it happening before.

ABW Ambassador
    ** Almost 1 year thread bump **

Remember Sunday, Spring forward 1 hour.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Gee whiz why is it starting so early?

Thanks for the reminder.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread