Visual Basic script: import ShareASale datafeeds to SQL Server
    Now that I finally have a VB script that works to import ShareASale datafeeds into a SQL Server database, I'm going to share the script.

I have posted a ZIP file that contains the script, the three stored procedures, and screen shots of the database schema.

http://www.MarkWelch.com/vb-datafeed...2007-03-11.zip

Using this script, I've just imported 383 datafeed files into a single SQL Server table, which now has 2.4 million product records. (As you might expect, it takes several hours to complete the initial import process.)

Please note that my SQL Server "backup file" for all this data is 3.5 gigabytes, which suggests that I am quite near the limit of 4 gigabytes supported by SQL Server Express (the free version). I've just ordered the "Developer Edition" from Microsoft ($49.95 plus tax & shipping). Also note that the resulting database still has "YOURUSERID" as the affiliate ID.

I'm sharing it for free, with no warranties; it is entirely possible that if you try to implement it, you will waste more time than if you started from scratch. It might even re-format your hard disk, set your cat on fire, and email the IRS to request an audit -- so don't sue me if it doesn't work.

Don't ask me for technical support. This is not a "plug and play" situation - you need to know at least a little bit about using SQL Server (to set up the stored procedures and the internal databases) and Visual Basic (to get the script running and to change the connection string to work with your database configuration).
    Last edited by markwelch; March 11th, 2007 at 04:18 PM.

2. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread