Affiliate Manager kabronbingham's Avatar
    Advantages of Omniture SiteCatalyst
    Hey Everyone,

Is there anyone that has used Omniture's SiteCatalyst and found that the monthly cost is worth the additional features. We are currently using Google Analytics and are looking into Omniture. If you have features that you really like in Omniture that Google doesn't have, please post.

Thanks
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

W: 435.774.4568
    E: kabron at ifrogz.com

I'd also like to hear from anyone who's used Omniture's software. I wanted a demo of their software last year (a client wanted my opinion on it), but after several rescheduled conference calls, I concluded that they did not want me to see it.

OT but does iFrogz still offer a co-branded solution?

I remember being told by Kevin Rohwer there was ne but I could never find info about it.

Affiliate Manager kabronbingham's Avatar
    shot me an email at kabron/at/ifrogz.com and I will get it to the right person. Kevin has left ifrogz but I bet I can find someone with the answer.
    Kabron Bingham
    Marketing
    iFrogz™

W: 435.774.4568
    E: kabron at ifrogz.com

Omniture is one of the best things to have in your toolbox if you want to convert.

You'll be amazed what you think is getting clicks and what actually is - even if you're running other analytics.

Ceri

I have put Omniture SiteCatalyist on a couple of very large web 2.0 sites for my day-job. I have not been impressed. Here's why:

1) Their javascript really slows down your other javascript on the page. Be careful if you have an ajax site or javascript banner rotation. You pay a performance penalty for the link tracking. I believe that for link heavy pages, there is a substantial load time penalty.

2) Their online documentation is not so great and tends to have bugs and be incomplete. Lots of times I end up on 404 pages when I'm clicking around in their documentation.

3) Their product is very complicated. I ended up being the omniture go-to person at my day job and I'm a full time system architect. I don't have time research and configure reporting for every person in my company. Will you have someone who can dedicate enough time to get your money's worth out of the product? Are they willing and able to learn a complex system?

Omniture SiteCatalyst is one of those products that takes a lot of work to get up-to-speed. If you have the time and don't suffer from the performance problems that my ajax heavy sites encountered, then maybe you will like it.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread