Feature Requests
    I love this tool, it will come in very handy. I'd like to suggest a couple things that would make it even better for me. (Some of these might be in there and I missed them)

1. The ability to select/filter only those merchants I'm active with. Seeing them all is great and lets me know who else to sign up with. (I'm old, I don't remember who they all are.)

2. Once I get a page built, I'd like to be able to sort by price - or see #3

3. Since you already have all of the data there, a configurable price comparison script would be the icing on the cake. If I could put a price comparison script up, I'd have one on all of my sites.

4. When I mouseover a link it says popshops.com. Any way to make that read <mysitename>/#### ?

5. Coupons, sales, specials.

I know I'm asking for the impossible, but it never hurts to ask.

email address for wishlists
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I love this tool, it will come in very handy. I'd like to suggest a couple things that would make it even better for me. (Some of these might be in there and I missed them)
    Mack, this will be in the next build. I'll let you know when that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack
    I know I'm asking for the impossible, but it never hurts to ask.
    Nothing is impossible. Well, almost nothing. :-)

ABW'ers, if you want to make 100% sure that your ideas are heard by the PopShops team, please send an email to wishlist (at) popshops.com . That's not just some black hole email address, it's our brainstorming bread and butter. You will be heard.

Hi I am wondering why Embed ASP is only available in your Enterprise Plan when PHP is included in Pro Plan??

Quote Originally Posted by kse
    Hi I am wondering why Embed ASP is only available in your Enterprise Plan when PHP is included in Pro Plan??
    Oops. Thank you for spotting that! There should have been a check box under "Pro" as well. ASP is available in both Pro and Enterprise.

Thanks again,
    -- JessieJ

Great, now I have some merchants I want to suggest, can you include all merchants in CJ, SAS, etc who have feeds or are you only able to list certain merchants??

Again, I totally love this product but I will suggest the following...

really really really....

You need a *create new store* link from the merchants datafeed page, and *view all merchants* from the create store page which actually goes to the datafeed page, not just a list of merchants. People need to toggle back and forth between these two pages , so why not make it easy for them? :0)

As it is, in order to *create a new shop* from the merchant datafeed page, I have to log back in again to get to the create store page ( unless I am missing something). And to create a new shop on the create new shop page, there is no way to see what merchants are available and how many items each has without editing an existing store at random to see the feeds... Just a simple way to toggle between the two pages would make it MUCH easier for everyone!

Thanks for listening

As it is, in order to *create a new shop* from the merchant data feed page, I have to log back in again to get to the create store page ( unless I am missing something).
    You're missing something but that's OUR fault, not yours. It's hard not to miss this... Here's what you can do, you can get back to that page by clicking the "Manage shops" link on the black top bar next to "Your account".

People need to toggle back and forth between these two pages , so why not make it easy for them?
    This is a usability issue and we have a design modification in the plans that will make the back and forth between manage shops/ShopBuilder much more quick and easy.

Thanks,
    JessieJ

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Again, I totally love this product but I will suggest the following...

Thanks for listening
    Hey Anne, Keep those usability suggestions coming, they are a huge help.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Great, now I have some merchants I want to suggest, can you include all merchants in CJ, SAS, etc who have feeds or are you only able to list certain merchants??
    Hey KSE, If you have merchant you would like to see in PopShops please send them to angel (at) popshops.com and I will see what I can do to bring them on board.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Djambazov
    Hey KSE, If you have merchant you would like to see in PopShops please send them to angel (at) popshops.com and I will see what I can do to bring them on board.
    I will put together a small list and email later today, Thank you.........

I will put together a small list and email later today, Thank you.........
    Got it. Thank you for sending that out
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Quote Originally Posted by JessieJ
    You're missing something but that's OUR fault, not yours. It's hard not to miss this... Here's what you can do, you can get back to that page by clicking the "Manage shops" link on the black top bar next to "Your account".

This is a usability issue and we have a design modification in the plans that will make the back and forth between manage shops/ShopBuilder much more quick and easy.

Thanks,
    JessieJ
    I see I can now toggle back and forth, very cool. Thanks! )

It would be nice if I was able to create one page say Jeans and put 100 products in the page and then give me the option to dispaly x number of items per page and then your system would show my selections on 5 different pages if I set x=20 items per page.

There's something I can't figure out how to do - so if it's missing, please consider this a feature request, and if it's not, would you point me in the right direction please?

I am building or have built a shop. Now I want to rearrange the products I have and put some of them in different squares. The only way I see to do this right now is delete and go find again, but that doesn't make sense.

I figured it out. The part that was confusing me was that I couldn't paste into an empty square when I was moving. They can only be rearranged within the squares already occupied. It might be easier if I could make my posting board bigger than I needed, put products in and move them around anywhere, even empty squares until I had the arrangement I liked, then I could change the size to suit what I ended up with in the number of products remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    It might be easier if I could make my posting board bigger than I needed, put products in and move them around anywhere, even empty squares until I had the arrangement I liked, then I could change the size to suit what I ended up with in the number of products remaining.
    That would be awesome, I agree. Thanks for the suggestion!

JessieJ

It would be nice if I was able to create one page say Jeans and put 100 products in the page and then give me the option to dispaly x number of items per page and then your system would show my selections on 5 different pages if I set x=20 items per page.
    Our upcoming autofeed feature will do something very similar. Basically you pick a group of jeans, you setup their layout by say 4 colums by 5 rows, you then fill it with your picks. Once you are happy with the layout and the initial picks you select autofeed. We will then grab products under similar parameters (category, keyword, merchant) and populate additional pages with those products.

You can still toggle layout columns and rows on the fly with on the featured products and it will affect the layout in the autofeed products. The only thing we can't do is control the exact number of pages, they will be generated based on the number of products available plus the layout you designate. What's nice is that all the autofeed pages are indexable except of course for the ones embed via javascript.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

Hi Angel, Thank you for the reply, yes that would work even better since I would not have to pick all the products to be didplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    There's something I can't figure out how to do - so if it's missing, please consider this a feature request, and if it's not, would you point me in the right direction please?

I am building or have built a shop. Now I want to rearrange the products I have and put some of them in different squares. The only way I see to do this right now is delete and go find again, but that doesn't make sense.
    Hi Judi,

I am glad you were able to solve how things can be rearranged on the fly in a shop. The product display feature on the right can be manually manipulated so the products can be rearranged in the layout via drag and drop.

Currently we don't have a way to create a blank queue of products without assigning it to a shop. However, if used right our upcoming product tagging/category feature will help you in organizing products into relevant groups for your sites.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews

If it helps, it doesn't have to be outside the shop naming function. I was just thinking how nice it would be to set up a shop with say - 4 X 10 and then place products in the bottom 5 rows until I knew where I wanted to place the actual 20 products in the top 5 rows. When I was finished, I would just change the config to 4X5 and be done.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread